My First Poisonous Snake Bite

The floor I slithered under cracked and blew up from the multiple paper bombs thrown.

"Just a dirty snake in hiding!" the enemy shinobi said angrily. All of the sudden the floor caved in above me and strong hand siezed me, and pulled my up. I couldn't bite with my fangs so I transformed back into my normal form, but the enemy had me by the neck.

"I'm going to crush you that is, unless you have the scroll" he threatened with a mocking tone.

"I- don't. Have it" I admited the truth, but still he held me. I couldn't breathe, nor could I do anything. 'Was this the end? Am I this... this worthless?' I thought grimly. How disappointing.

Orochimaru:

I felt a surge of bloodlust as I sat up in bed coughing. Even Kabuto could sense my desire for blood to be shed.

"I'll be back with your medicine" Kabuto said as he rused out. I coughed up a bit of blood. 'Soon Sasuke will be my vessel for this body has become old and ill' I thought. Still, there was something I had to do soon. I grinned at the thought I was going to do, and did a reverse summoning jutsu. I was suprised to see where I was now. The old abandoned mine they now used for the jonin exams.

"Oh my, look at the trouble you've gotten into" I said, but without a smirk or a grin. My daughter was being held defensless by her neck. 'If only I'd more time to train her' I thought grimly.

"Y-your, y-y-y-your O-Orochimaru!" the young boy stuttered. Yumi fell from his grip and I rushed forward. As I did so my neck stretched oud, a long sword slipped from my mouth, Impaling him in the chest. He coughed, blood was spat up, and he fell limp. I grinned at the sight of him dead body.

"That'll teach you to harm my snake princess" I muttered to myself. I swallowed the sword again and turned to Yumi. She sat up on the ground. Dizzy, but starring at me wide eyed.

"Father" she said as if she couldn't believe it. Her lips curled up into a silent snarl of anger, the corners of her lips twitching. One of her eyes changed to look like a cats eye. 'Her hatred toward me is awakening the demon within her' I realized. I stiffled a cough, I didn't want her to see me so vulnerable and ill. I stepped towards her, and closed my eyes. 'Would she hate me afterwards?' I wondered curiously, but I had no time to bother with questions. What had to be done must be done. She hissed furiously at me, and stepped away.

"Leave me be" she snapped.

"Forgive me Yumi" I said. She opened her mouth to say somehing, and stepped away, but I acted quicker. I made the snake hand sign. My neck stretched out towards her, like a cobra striking, and my fangs pierced the side of her neck. Immediately I felt some of my chakra begin to seep into her, but only a bit. A loud scream of shock escaped her lips. Her arms fell limply to her side. I pulled away and a wavy pattern appeared just above the spot I'd bitten her. Yumi trembled as some of my charka flowed from the curse mark on her neck into her own chakra.

"But- why?" she groaned and she fell to her knees, clutching the right side of her neck.

"To protect you" I answered my daughter truthfully. The mark on her neck was simular to the one I'd given Sasuke, but hers was slightly different. I watched her left eye, the one that had changed to the eye of the cat demon become normal with her chakra becoming normal again.

"Be strong my little snake princess. Know that I love you" I told her. A strong, wild sense of chakra washed over my senses.

"Aaaahhh! Your going to pay!" I heard a boy snarl furiously, a dog barked nearby. It was that boy Yumi had faced in the chonin exams. He was faster than before, and in my weakened condition I was barely able to dodge. He knelt down beside Yumi to examine her wound, but he kept a sharp eye still on me. 'Smart boy' I thought, I had to give him some credit. All of the sudden I couldn't stiffle it any longer; I broke out into a coughing fit.

"F-father" I heard Yumi call to me with a weak voice. I had a handfull of blood now.

"Be safe" I coughed harshly, more blood in my hands and dripping through my fingers. All of the sudden kuni knives shot out at me. The boy whipped them at me after letting go of Yumi. Yumi layed on the tree branch clutching the fresh curse mark on her neck. Her breathing was slowing, no longer as harsh or labored. 'She'll be okay, I'm glad' I thought. I dodged the boy's attack, Kiba's. He threw a punch at me, his claws aiming for my neck.

"What. Did You. Do to her???!" he snarled as he tried to strike at me blindly in rage. I didn't answer him. My eyes narrowed, 'So this is the boy my daughter is going out with, hmm... he's hot headed an arogant. Interesting' I thought. Suddenly Kiba spun around into the passing fang jutsu. I jumped into the air to dodge the attack, but he twisted through the air towards me. His body spun like a bullet towards me. I twisted ever so slightly, just dodging the attack. Before he could land on a tree branch I attacked.

"Ssstricking shadow sssnake!" I hissed. Three snakes shot out from my sleeve and tied themselves around Kiba. I slamemd him into a nearby tree branch. His eyes widened in surprise, and they met my snake like eyes. He trembled, caught in my paralys jutsu. I grinned

"Just how strong are you? I thought the Inuzuka's possesed a natural, wild sense of power?" I mocked. He frowned, giving me a dirty look. I turned away, walking towards Yumi in a threatening manner with a kuni-knife.

"Say goodbye to her Kiba" I said, a lie. As I came closer I heard a snarl of furry. Before I could dodge I felt a kuni knife plant itself in my shoulder. I gritted my teeth and ripped it out of my shoulder. I ignored the pain, Kabuto could heal me later. With my remaining strength I held Kiba pinned to a tree by his neck.

"Not bad, you actually managed to wound me" I told him. He glared at me furiously, but I only returned a grin,

"Take care of her" I told him. I looked back towards Yumi, she starred at me with wide eyes.

"Be safe" I mummbled. She mummbled something as her eyes slowly began to close. I wasn't sure what she was saying. With one hand I made the tiger hand sign just as I broke out into another coughing fit I disappeared in a cloud of smoke back to my home in the hidden sound village.

Yumi:

I woke up, in Kiba's arms and sighed; although, the sigh caused pain to flare up in my neck. I realized that my squad was on the move. Shino, Hinata, and Akamaru walked beside us. Kiba flashed me a goofy grin as we walked. I wanted to smile, but the side of my neck felt like it were on fire. I recalled fathers words, it was for my protection? I could feel the pain of the cursed mark, I knew what it was. Sasuke, Kimimaru, and Anko have one. Besides the incredible pain I was having a hard timesensing the three-tails, Matatabi's chakra within me. 'Was this it?' I wondered, 'strengthening the seal?' I thought. It felt like the seal was stronger. If only I had the time to thank him. I looked at my hands and continued on, deep in thought. 'So much blood. He's ill' I realized. My father, a S-rank criminal, a missing-nin, who I loved yet hated was seriously ill, and I don't know if I'll ever see him again. It brought tears to my eyes, which Kiba wiped away.

"Come on, don't be such a wimp" Kiba laughed softly. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him. Cocky, annoying, goofy, and arogant; that's my Kiba.