The Akatsuki

Kiba Inuluka:

I was late, the usual I guess, to the fifth hokages office.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked curiously, acting as if I hadn't been late at all.

"Your late!" Lady Tsunade snapped. I winced at her harsh tone. She may be old, well she lookes like she's 30 but it's just a transformation jutsu, but she sure is tough. Not one to mess with. I noticed my squad, team eight, Hinata Hyuga and Shino Aburame were here also. 

"We've received information on the Akatsuki" she told us.

"The Akatsuki?" asked Hinata.

"Yes, a group traveling around the nations are collecting tailed beast" she explained more. I frowned at an old memory. Tailed beast, Yumi had a tailed beast sealed with in her.

"What is the mission?" asked Shino.

"They were last spotted in Takigakure, the land hidden by a waterfall taking a south east route to Kusagakure, the land hidden in grass. You are to gather information and report back. If you can avoid a fight" Lady Tsunade explained to us. We nodded our heads understandingly, and exchanged a brief glance to each other.

"We accept the mission, when may we leave?" Shino questioned her.

"You may leave as soon as you like"  After that we left the office, prepared, and started to leave. 'I wonder how Yumi's been after four years' I thought. Sensing my anxiety Akamaru barked loudly. I patted his head and sprinted through the trees with my squad.  

Yumi:

Paper bombs exploded just where I had been.

"Go Hidan" the tallest guy in the mask snapped.

"Alright no need to rush me Kakazu" Hidan shot back. I noticed Hidan, the tall grey haired man held a three-blade-scythe. I kept my eye on it, and dodged his attack with the blade. He smirked, there was a clicking noise, and something shot out of his sleeve. I gasped, a long retractable spear. Judging by the height it was flying towards me at it could be a fatal blow. I felt my chakra slip into my finger tips, and my nails turn into four inch claws. I used my claws to knock the weapon. I jumped back on to a tree branch with him in pursuit. With a free hand I made the tiger hand sign, and looked Hidan in the eyes.

"Paralyzing snake justu" I mumbled quietly. Something flickered in his eyes, and his grip loosened on his sword and scythe. I grinned, paralyze technique success! He landed half way on the tree branch before falling to the ground. He landed with a thud, and his partner stood by watching. I lept high up in the air with my foot raised. I was going to slam my foot into his gut, and possibly kill him. Yep, that sounded good to me. If I could take out an Akatsuki member I could handle anything. 

"Hidan what are you doing!?" asked Kakazu. Hidan didn't answer. He was still conscious, but paralyzed by my 'awesome' jutsu. I could sense his fear and anxiety as I came at him to attack. All of the sudden something slammed into my side. The wind was knocked my lungs. I gritted my teeth together, it was Kakazu. 

"One tough jinjuriki" I heard him mutter. My back hit the tree behind me hard. What air that was left in my lungs was gone. My eyes widened in shock, and my head felt light and dizzy. I doubled over, the shock on my body was slowly wearing off, but the pain remained. Kakazu yanked his partner back to his feet who was still in a daze. I could feel my jutsu wearing off of him. 'I have to strike! I thought. I stood up, and I hurried forward. My chakra claws were still out, long and lethal. Before I could reach them Kakazu made a hand sign. I did a back flip and landed on the tree above me.

"Fire style!" he said. Flames shot out of his mouth towards me. There was no way I could dodge it without using my jutsu. It was time to use my own jutsu.

"White snake escape" I whispered. A small white snake jumped from my mouth and slithered down the tree while my body was caught in flames. I watched my old body, burned now fall. Hidan shook his head and shivered. "Stupid kid used a paralyzing jutsu" he grumbled.

"Shouldn't have let yourself get caught like that, she is the daughter of the white snake, Orochimaru" Kakazu said. I resisted the urge to hiss. Orochimaru was not my father. He was nothing but evil, and I hated him. I sighed, there was no way I'd defeat the two, so I started making my escape.

Unfortunately Kakazu picked up on my sneaky attempt to run. He grabbed me by the tail, and I felt his chakra around me forcing the jutsu to cancel. Back in original form I felt his hand tighten around my neck. I couldn't breathe so I didn't have the strength to bring my leg up to kick him. He swung me around, my head spinning from the lack of air. He loosened his grip on me, and as I was about to inhale air my back slammed into a tree again. I coughed, something red and wet dripping from my mouth. I started to double over, when his knee came up and hit me. I heard metal sliding, and pain suddenly erupted in my shoulder. There was no air in my lungs to cry out. "Hidan don't kill her, we need the cat demon" Kakazu snapped at Hidan.

"Shut up I won't kill her" Hidan said. I felt the metal weapon slide out from my shoulder wound allowing air to hit it, and bring a burning sensation. I fell over on the ground.

"Damn you" I muttered. One of them chuckled and the world went black.    

Kiba:

We crossed the border of the land of fire.

"A few more miles till we reach the route the Akatsuki are taking. We can rest here" Shino said.

"Alright" Hinata and I agreed. I sat down next to Akamaru and sighed. I was tired, dead tired. Over head an eagle with redish feathers cried aloud as it flew in circles spiraling down. I leaned against a tree and put my arms behind my head. Nearby a white snake hissed, the eagle swooped down and carried it off. I frowned. Orochumaru, the demon white snake, Yumi... A bad, cryptic feeling crept down my spine.

"Hey Shino, do you think we should keep going?" I asked curiously.

"Why? What's the rush?" he asked curiously, looking at me from behind his thick, black glasses

.  "I just think we should hurry" I told him unsure of how to explain.