The Birthday Winner

Hello my lovelies, I know it's been awhile but I promised you a chapter so here it is! I know it's kind of just a filler but at least it's something. I'm super busy with the semester coming to a close but I promise to post more in December! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! <3

“Your uncle!?” shouted Oliver.

“SHH!” said Serena.

They were in Potions on Friday afternoon and Serena had just whispered the news to Oliver. She had already told Maggie and Olivia last night and they had the same reaction.

“Yes, my uncle,” said Serena. “My parents never told me. But, I think my mum’s last name used to be Black. I got to thinking, and I realized that I have no idea what her maiden name is. I have Black in my blood.”

“This is too weird,” said Oliver. “First you find out that your powers are rare and then you find out that Sirius Black is your uncle.”

“Trust me, I’m just as baffled.”

“But wait, how can you trust anything Flint says?”

“I can’t,” she said. “But it makes sense. That’s how he knows about my powers. That’s why my parents were so worried when he broke out of Azkaban…he’s after me, Oliver.”

“He won’t get you,” he said protectively.

“Thanks,” said Serena faking a smile. She knew that Oliver meant well but she was seriously scared and confused. It seemed like everything was happening at once. Quidditch, Sirius Black, the need to practice her powers, school work, N.E.W.T.s, everything was weighing down on her shoulders and she broke down and cried that night in the common room after practice. Maggie and Olivia did their best to comfort her.

“Did you write to your parents?” asked Olivia. “Find out if it’s really true, I mean.”

Serena nodded her head. “I’m still waiting for a response.”

“Flint is so rotten,” said Maggie. “I’m sure what he said wasn’t true.”

“There’s another thing I have to tell you,” said Serena looking up at Maggie. “In order to get Flint’s help, I had to put him back on the team…and I promised him something.”

“What?” asked Maggie nervously.

“I promised him a date with you,” she said.

“WHAT!” yelled Maggie. “ME? WHY?”

“He’s had his eye on you for years, Mags,” said Serena. “It’s just one date. Please? For me? I’m going through a really hard time right now and it’d be nice if I got Marcus off my back.”

Maggie stared at Serena for a minute before answering.

“Fine,” she said. “I’ll do it. But, only because you’ve been having a rough time lately.”

“Thank you so much Maggie, you’re the best!”

“Yeah, yeah…you owe me. If he tries to touch me at all I swear I’ll kick him in the junk.”

The girls laughed and talked for the rest of the night. Serena went to sleep early so she would be nice and rested for the match tomorrow. She had a dream that she was flying on her broom over the Forbidden Forest. She looked down and saw a black dog running across the forest floor. She was curious, so she swooped down and tried to get a better look. The dog had stopped in front of her and was staring with his bright green eyes, the same color as hers. The dog barked at her and startled her so much that she shot her eyes open.

“SURPRISE!” yelled Maggie and Olivia. They were both standing over her, fully dressed with a giant cake in their hands. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

“What?” asked Serena as she glanced over at her clock. It was already 9:00. “It’s not my birthday, my birthday is on