Forgiveness

Hello everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR! I have had this chapter written for awhile and haven't posted it because I've been busy spending time with my family. I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday and I hope you enjoy the next chapter of Chasing the Keeper! Keep up the votes and the comments :) I love you all!

Christmas break seemed to fly by. Serena and Oliver used their time to relax and not worry about anything. They would occasionally play Quidditch but it wasn’t anything too intense because it was freezing outside. She had gotten them tickets to a Tornados game and Oliver once again had bought her too much merchandise. She had also passed her Apparation test.

Serena’s parents worked most of break, but they did find the time to spend Christmas with her and Oliver. They had bought her a broomstick cleaning and repair kit for her Nimbus. Oliver had spent way too much money on her and bought her a golden owl pendant that had his initials engraved onto the back. She hadn’t heard from Maggie or Olivia over break, which saddened her but she tried to not let it show.

When it was time to head back to Hogwarts, Oliver and Serena Apparated to King’s Cross Station. She said good-bye to her parents and Oliver thanked them for having him.

“Serena, remember,” said Vance before they got onto the Hogwarts Express.

“I know, dad,” she said. “Stay out of trouble.”

She hugged and kissed him and did the same to her mother and then jumped on the train with Oliver.

Serena slept almost the entire way back to school. Her and Oliver had a compartment by themselves and she had her head in his lap while he read a book and she slept. He woke her when they arrived.

“I don’t know why I’m so tired,” she said as she grabbed her bag and walked out of the compartment.

“Stress probably,” said Oliver as he wrapped his arm around her. Serena noticed that Maggie and Olivia were in front of them. She wanted to talk to them, but she knew that they would talk to her when they were ready.

“Do you think they’ll ever forgive me?” asked Serena.

“They’d be fools if they didn’t,” he said. “You three have been best friends forever. They’ll come round.”

The Slytherin common room was a buzz with after holiday excitement. Everyone was catching up with their friends showing off the new things they had gotten for Christmas. Serena walked up to her dormitory and found Maggie and Olivia eating sweets and telling stories on Maggie’s bed. They stared at Serena when she walked into the room. Serena gave them a small smile and began unpacking her things. She was too busy thinking about her amazing break with Oliver that Maggie startled her when she appeared beside her.

“Hello,” said Maggie.

“Hi,” said Serena.

Maggie was holding a package behind her back and she revealed it to Serena. It was wrapped in blue paper.