Rage and Control

Oliver and Serena left Honeydukes with a bag each full of sweets. Serena was sucking on a Fizzing Whizbee and Oliver was munching on a Chocolate Frog as they entered Spintwitches. Serena ending up leaving with a new pair of Chaser gloves which Oliver insisted on paying for. She felt bad because she knew her parents made more money than his, but he insisted. Serena made him promise to let her buy lunch as they headed over to Madam Puddifoot’s.

“I’m not sure I like the look of this,” said Serena peering into the window. It was a small café that was filled with couples. There were girls swooning over their dates and the boys were too busy fawning over the girls to even notice that Serena was giving them a look of disgust. “Are you sure you just don’t want to head over to the Three Broomsticks?”

“I thought you’d never ask,” said Oliver making the same face as they headed in the opposite direction. “I’ve never been there before and Fred and George told me it was where couples go.”

“Yeah, couples who are too busy staring at each other to even enjoy themselves. Besides, I’m starving and I need a sandwich or something,” said Serena.

“That’s what I love about you,” said Oliver with a smile.

“What?” she asked.

“You’re not like other girls,” he said. “You’d rather sit and have a couple of butterbeers and talk about Quidditch than go shopping.”

“I can’t argue with that,” said Serena. “Maggie and Olivia make fun of me telling me I’m not a real girl.”

“Are you?” he asked jokingly.

“I’m not sure, I only had to shave my beard twice this week,” said Serena laughing.

“Damn, I knew it was too good to be true,” said Oliver with a chuckle.

The Three Broomsticks was the most popular spot in Hogsmeade. It was packed with Hogwarts’ students and Serena waved to Maggie and Olivia who were sitting with a couple of Ravenclaw boys. Oliver and Serena sat down at a table that was close to Fred and George who were sitting with Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet and Angelina Johnson – the Gryffindor Chasers.

“How’s your team this year?” asked Serena curiously.

“Fine,” he said. “How is it not having Flint on your team?”

“Amazing,” she said. “I feel like I can finally breathe.”

As she said that, she looked over and saw Marcus Flint with Cassius Warrington and Graham Montague. They were standing at the bar and Flint had a Firewhiskey in his hand. He was glaring at Serena while whispering things to Montague.

“He creeps me out,” whispered Serena. Oliver looked over his shoulder and turned back when he noticed Flint.

“Don’t worry about him,” said Oliver.

The waitress came over and they both ordered a Butterbeer. By the time it arrived, Marcus was walking over to the table.

“Oh great,” whispered Serena. Oliver was about to ask what was wrong but Flint had already taken a seat next to Serena.

“Get out of here, Flint,” snapped Oliver.

“Carrow,” he said completely ignoring Oliver.

“What do you want?” asked Serena.

“It’s time for you to come clean,” said Flint. Serena shot a worried glance at Oliver.

“Come clean about what?”

“Your big secret,” he said. “I know what it is. I’m prepared to tell the whole school.”

Serena’s heart did a flip in her chest. How could Marcus have found out about her gift? She hadn’t told anyone except Oliver and he wouldn’t have told a soul.