Mathew: brother you know that breaking alliances and ones promises can lead to a war between the packs.

Sofia: Maybe he didn't want to send his people into an unnecessary fight?

Charles: unnecessary?

*Asked Charles indignated.

Charles: our daughter, is worth everything. She is a jewel one of my most precious and greater value, just like our other kids Sofia. But between us you know that she had been always my favorite. I love them all and would kill or give my life for the 3 of them, for you and my brother too. But I have to admit that Cristine is special to me. Being the youngest, I had been more overprotective of her, I give her everything she wanted, always side with her. especially because she looks more like me than our other kids, william is a repicla of me but he has your character, and Penélope looks so much like my mother.

*He takes a pause and look at his brother. This is a thing they don't talk about so much. The king just smiles and say.

Mathew: She does, as does the triplets. It even scares me how much the 4 of them resemble ma. All my girls looks like their mother except for the triplets. And thank God Princeton came around because he is the only one that looks like me.

*Charles nod at him and say.

Charles: Yes, what I'm trying to say is, Cristine has my features and my character she is exactly like me but with the only difference that she is a woman.
And since she was little she has been always by my side, our other kids had always preferred you.
Penélope when she was little was always hanging from my leg but as she got older she find other interests and sided more with you. And William as I said has your character so he had always preferred you.
My Cristine on the other hand.
Everything I liked she liked, everything I did she wanted to do. Our kids Sofia, you thought them to fight, but Cristine didn't want you to teach her, she wanted me to teach her.
When she has to go to sleep, she won't sleep unless I'm home.
And when I had to travel she would cry so much that I always ended up taking her with me.
You see, she is a daddy's girl, and I couldn't help it.. but she became my favorite.
So imagine how I feel now that I see her in this state, she should have been her mates greater value, you don't know how it broke my heart to see my baby crying like that.
To have her in my arms crying over that stupid man.
I'll get back at him. He will suffer for this.

Sofia: You will do no such thing. You will leave things as they are.

*Say Sofia with a deathly tone. Charles look like a scolded child and nod at his mate as he say.

Charles: Ok, I won't do anything I promise.

Sofia: good, now I'm gonna go see how Cristine is doing.

*Said Sofia as she left the room. Only the brothers were there now.

Mathew: brother, listen to me. You can't do anything to that man without a reason without a motive and without provoking a dispute between his pack and ours.

Charles: We are royals, he can't do shit to us.

Mathew: Yes we are royals but that doesnt mean that we can just attack people just because they made our daughters cry brother.

Charles: He broke his heart Mathy.

*Say Charles as he look into his brothers eyes. Only Charles and their grandfather Mathew calls the king mathy, it's a nickname they had for him when in the past their family was still alive. And only when they are alone they use that name.

Charles; I felt hopeless while she cried in my arms. As soon as they left she broke down. Thank God I was there to caught her, she immediately started to cry. Can you imagine how I felt? Put yourself in my place.

Mathew: Ok brother, but put yourself in his shoes for a second, what would you have done in his place? Lead your people to war with another pack because you can't hold your promises and word to others?

Charles: I would have chosen my mate no matter what Mathy.

Mathew: You know that all werewolves live by the code. He was promised and married to that woman before Cristine. If he chose to stay with her, we can't really blame him. You have to let this go.

Charles: right now I don't give 2 fucks about the code Mathy. All I care about is my daughter, who just had been litterly rejected by her mate. He is a stupid man, he could have chose Cristine, I would have aid him if he got himself into some dispute or war with the wife's pack.
We are stronger and better allies. I'm not afraid of going to war. With us he would have been more powerful and the wife's father wouldn't dare to make a problem about this because he did an alliance-breaking.
They already got intimate you know? That is what makes me more angry, because it's like he used her for his own pleasure. And now that he got what he wanted, he throw her to the side as if she were trash. My daughter, my baby.. my princess. Like hell I will let it go. Only when hell freeze over.

*Charles say furious, the king shakes his head. He knows his brother is stubborn and hard-headed. The king sighs and asks.

Mathew: What are you planning to do? Because I know you aren't going to do what Sofia told you and what you promised Cristine.

*Charles smiles deviously at his brother.
The King knows his brother to well he knows he won't let this slide as he promised his daughter and wife.

Charles: I'm gonna make him suffer. I could go kick his ass but that won't be enough. He has to feel pain, more than what he made my Cristine feel.

Mathew: and how are you going to do that?

*Charles looks at his brother with an mischievous smile, you could see he had determination in his eyes.

Charles: You know me to well brother, what do you think I'm planning to do?

*Mathew just smiles at his brother and shake his head as he hugs him by the side with one arm and they discuss about Charles revenge. This made the king remember about the time that rumores were going around about Penélope how his brother went to take matters in his own hands.

*His brother is not an evil person, neither of them are. But when it comes to Charles's kids, people should know better and think twice. Especially if it's Cristine. His prodigal kid.

*Cristine is good in everything her father has taught her, fighting, shooting, throwing arrows, ambush, torturing those who deserve it, making plans, guiding people in their pack, you name it. She is her father's daughter after all. She studied in business to help her father out in handling things. She is her father's pride and joy.

1812 words.