Chapter 9

Banshee...

-------------

Third persons pov..

Maximus: Are you seriously going to do this?

He shake his head. She just look at him with an emotionless expression, but in the inside she was battling with herself, because she wanted nothing more than to get close to him and kiss him.

Maximus: You can't get married to him.

Cristine: And why not?

She asks him bored.

Maximus: Because you love me.

She laughs bitterly. He looks at her hurt. I won't be taken for a fool again. She thinks as she straighten herself. And with a cold tone she say.

Cristine: Please.

She takes a pause and looks at him up and down then she say with a dark expression.

Cristine: I don't love you, don't confuse sexual desire with love.

He looks hurt at her, it pains him to hear such words from his mate, but he quickly brush the pained expression off.

Maximus: You are lying.

He say with confidence.

Cristine: Think whatever you want, whatever helps you sleep. I know that you mean nothing to me.

She say taunting him.
He gets closer and her heart start beating faster, curse you mate bond she thinks as she back away from him. He smirks confidently and grabs her by the waist, she felt the sparks and felt content.. his face gets closer to hers and she hold her breath. As he was about to kiss her, she reacts.

Cristine: Don't touch me.

She say pushing him away.

Cristine: I'm trying to get over you and when I think that I'm succeeding things like this happens, we can't keep doing this.

She say with pain she was clearly hurt.

Maximus: I know that you won't believe this, but I am falling in love with you princess.

She scoffs and shake her head repeatedly.

Cristine: Then you should have chosen me, you should have had the courage to tell your wife that I am your mate and that you wanted to be with me instead of her. But you didn't, you chose to be a coward.

She gets away from him and he tries to say something but again she speaks and this time she say.

Cristine: Save it, don't say a word, I don't care about your lame excuses. Now leave before I call the guards to throw you out.

She say walking to the door and opening it, when she open it she see him. There standing was her father, judging by the prince expression, he already know who's in there.
and seconds later came Amon.

Amon: You look gorgeous Cristine. I'm a lucky man.

He say smiling and winking, he was just playing with her. He really did not see her as more, only as a friend.

Her father and Amon went into the room and the saw him, the prince looks at him with a dissaproving look, he ask him to leave his daughters chamber. Amon just look surprise between the 2 of them.

He refused to do as the prince asked, so the Prince hit him and they started to fight, but obviously he wasn't match for the prince, he manage to get a few hits at the print but that was about it, the prince punch him repeatedly and throw him to the ground. Cristine looks away, she knows better than to interfere in fights when her father is fighting. She wanted to intervene but she decided not too. Her father stopped hitting her mate when amon asked him to please don't do this in front of her. The prince stand tall and look at Maximus with hate.