Chapter 5

Breaking promises...

Up there is houses on their territory.

------------------------

Later that day..

Third person Pov.

*Charles was mad, pissed, furious. He can't believe that that man had just chosen another women over his daughter. As a royal and as a father he was offended and in the worst ways. He heard everything they talked about and Cristine had also told him her side of the story, she doesn't understand where everything went wrong.

*He keeps trashing his office as a way to calm his anger and frustration, other wise he will go and kill the man that had caused his daughter's suffering.

*Charles was alone in his office when Sofia his mate and wife came in with the king his brother Mathew after her.
Charles was currently ripping the sofa apart.

Mathew: What is the meaning of this brother?

*Asked the king with a mix of confused and disbelief expression as he look around. Sofia goes to her mates side and hold his hands she then caress his face with the back of her hand slowly as she looks into his eyes.

*Charles takes a deep breath and calm himself. After a few seconds he answered his brother and told him and his mate what had happend.
They but stay quiet and look at Charles with puzzled expressions.

Charles: How dare he? After I explicitly told him to don't hurt her, to watch his back if he as so much made our Cristine cry. But he comes and do this. The audacity of this filth mud. He turned down our baby.

He say looking at his wife Sofia.

Mathew: We don't know his reasons brother.

Sofia: Maybe there is a reason why he took that decision?

Charles: He broke her heart, she feels humiliated. I promised her I won't do anything, but I can't just sit by and let him get away with this. No one treats my daughter as if she were less and make her suffer like that.

*He say more to himself than to the others in the room.

Mathew: brother it's pointless to get all riled up because of this.

Charles: pointless? My Cristine's feelings aren't pointless. She is crying her heart out right now.
You know where she is? I left her in her bed she said she was going to sleep, I left and mind link one of the maids to bring me the perfume to hide scents, I pretended to leave and as I see the maid I take the perfume from her and use it, I go stand outside Cristine's door, she was crying, after a bit I heard her talking to herself, that is when I heard her say and ask herself if she isn't worth it.

*He say with indignation.

Charles: she feels as if she isn't worth it. She asked herself if she isn't worth fighting for, if she isn't worth being chosen. Her own mate made her feel less.
I don't denie that the wife is pretty but Cristine is way more pretier and not to mention  she is his mate and a princess for God's sake. So I don't understand why he didn't chose her. He told me he was gonna divorce his wife to be with Cristine.

Mathew: again maybe he had his reasons.

Sofia: Maybe it's something that is out of his hands?

*He doesnt pay attention to them.

Charles: He will pay for this, for breaking my baby's heart, I still can't believe he chose his wife, what the fuck is wrong with him?

*Charles pull his hair in frustration.