Chapter 40

A/N: So like, I haven't gotten to write much recently so I've completely caught up on all my written chapters so I hate to say this, but I'm going to take a small break from updating so that I can get some more chapters written because I feel too pressured otherwise! Once I have some chapters ready, I will be back to the normal updating schedule!

Saying that though, I do have some one-shots I'm working on that I'll upload. I've also got a pure smut fic on my AO3 (@ minkit) for mewgulf and have another written that I'll be uploading there too. I haven't uploaded them here since they're pure smut so I'm not sure when I'll get around to doing that here... anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know! Don't worry, I won't be gone TOO long, I promise! I just want to get a few chapters written before updating again and right now my current pace is at writing a chapter a day. 

-

Type trailed his fingertip over the nose of the man watching him in amusement. He felt a little bit like a child, curious and eager to learn. He wanted to learn every inch of Tharn's body, memorize every crevice and curve and currently, he was stuck at his nose. It was a nice nose, one that Type kind of wanted to lean forward and kiss. The idea made him embarrassed so instead he pulled back, sliding his hand beneath the pillow and clinging to it, blinking his eyes at the other man as if trying to communicate to him how much he wanted to be held in that moment.

Amazingly, Tharn seemed to understand his silent way of communication because the next thing Type knew, Tharn was rolling over onto his side, sliding his arm around his waist, and pulling him closer to his chest.

His lips twitched, but he fought back the smile as he leaned himself into the other man. His boyfriend? Was Tharn his boyfriend now? The word caused his breath to hitch. He liked the sound of it. Type removed his hand from beneath the pillow and pressed it instead against Tharn's chest, directly against his heart.

He wanted to be Tharn's boyfriend.

It was still raining outside, the lights not yet having come back on, but his eyes had adjusted enough so that he could see Tharn clearly, though he could feel him better than anything. He could feel his muscles against his hand, could feel the ghost of Tharn's lips against his skin, and best of all, he could still feel how Tharn had been inside of him just minutes before.

He shifted a little beneath the covers. They had cleaned up and decided to relax, both too exhausted to get up and shower right away and this was fine for Type. He didn't think his legs could hold him at the moment. Type still felt stretched and sore and didn't really want to move. He was perfectly content to rest against the other man's chest, feeling the beating of his heart beneath his ribs. Tharn was so warm and comfortable and alive. He liked the way he could hear his pulse quicken when Type would lean up to kiss his cheek. It was amazing to know that he could have that sort of effect on someone.

"You're a lot cuddlier than I expected." Tharn told him lightly and Type raised a brow at him. He supposed he could see how that could be surprising to someone. Type wasn't a very affectionate person usually.

"Only when I want to be." He replied, pressing his face against Tharn's shoulder. The arm around his waist squeezed him just a bit, holding him more firmly against Tharn's chest. He relaxed into the embrace, perfectly happy with their positions.

"So you want to be?" Fingers lifted to his hair, brushing in through the strands, lightly scraping at his scalp. Type let a soft moan, eyes falling shut as he leaned into the touch.

"I didn't say that." He lightly argued, even though his body was saying the exact opposite. By the sound of Tharn's laugh, he didn't seem to believe him. Type didn't mind that too much, instead continuing to nuzzle into the petting of his head.