Chapter 36

Tharn retched into the toilet, his knees aching from the minutes spent bent over it. There was a knock on the bathroom door and he groaned, sitting back on his heels, not yet flushing the toilet in case he need to lean over to hurl again.

"Ai'Tharn? Are you okay?" Tharn made the sound of a grunt to Type's question and when it felt like he wasn't going to vomit anymore, he flushed the toilet and stood. He pulled the door open, giving Type a look before turning to the sink to wash off his face before grabbing his toothbrush. "Are you getting sick?"

He could hear the worry in Type's voice and sighed, squeezing some toothpaste onto the brush. "I think I must've eaten something bad this morning. I don't know what." But that probably wasn't it at all, and he knew it, however he wasn't about to tell Type that the guilt over what they had just done was overwhelming.

He avoided eye contact and stuck the toothbrush in his mouth, quickly trying to get rid of the rancid taste that lingered on his tongue.

"Mm, maybe." Type didn't sound so convinced, but Tharn wasn't going to try to convince him. The other could believe what he wanted, and Tharn would just have to come to terms with what he was really feeling.

Tharn was a lot of things. But he wasn't someone who cheated on a person they were dating. At least not until today, at least not until Type.

A part of him wanted to feel bitter towards the athlete, but he knew that wasn't fair. It wasn't Type's fault. It was his for not having good self-control. It was his for ever asking Tar out as he tried to pretend that he was getting over Type, tried to pretend that was something that he even thought was possible at this point. Was it possible? He glanced quickly in the mirror to look at Type who leaned against the doorframe, dressed only in his shirt and boxers and then leaned over to spit into the sink, his heart racing.

Type was ridiculously cute. His hair was messed up and lips still a little bit swollen from their time spent kissing and it was difficult to stop the flashing of images in his head of Type beneath him, neck arched back and moans filling his ears. He'd been wanting to be with him for so long, but now that he had finally gotten it, it felt wrong.

Cheating on Tar was not what he had wanted to do. Type being the 'other man' was not what he had wanted for him, for them, for their future possible relationship. Was that something that was even still in the cards at this point? Could he even have a relationship with Type knowing that their beginning was something so horrible and toxic?

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Would he later on cheat on Type? Was this going to become a habit?

He rinsed his mouth out and his toothbrush off and put it away before moving passed Type to go back into his room and start changing the soiled bed spread. When the sheet got stuck on the other end of the bed, Type walked over and helped him pull it off wordlessly. Tharn took them and bundled them up, setting them in a corner to clean before going over to a closet to pull out fresh sheets and then replaced them.

Once he was finished with the bed and not a word had passed between the two in minutes, Tharn collapsed onto the mattress, his arm tossed over his eyes to block out the late afternoon sun that shone in through the windows.

He had a headache. He wanted to sleep.

The bed dipped next to him and Tharn took in a deep breath. Both he and Type still smelled of sex, both having fell to sleep for a short two hour nap after their time spent messing around, and then Tharn had woken up, sick to his stomach and rushing to the bathroom to vomit. He was pretty sure he was in there for a good ten minutes at least.