Chapter Thirty Seven - The end, almost

Start from the beginning

     "You'll be fine Nick. I'm right here for you. Always." I stated as he smiled weakly, his gaze shifting to my lips. I pulled away quickly and cleared my throat.

     "Tell me you love me, Lucresia. I know that you do. Don't leave me, please, don't leave me." Nick pleaded as my heart broke into a million tiny pieces. I love Nick like I have never ever loved anyone before but I can't.

     "Nick of course I love you, you were my first everything but that doesn't mean we should be together. Some people just aren't meant to last." I said as he shook his head, a tear falling from his eyes. Seeing Nick like this was honestly heart wrenching, he's usually so alive and witty but right now he just seems defeated.

     "You should go, Nick. I'll come find you if anything happens." I said patting his arm gently, trying to soothe him to the best of my ability. Nick nodded and without saying anything, he left my house quickly. I took in a deep breath watching him leave me behind, my heart breaking once again. I burst out in tears while sitting down in the kitchen table.

     "Are you okay sis?" Kennedy asked me whilst entering the kitchen once again

     "Are you okay sis?" Kennedy asked me whilst entering the kitchen once again. I wiped my tears and took a deep breath and tried to compose myself. Kennedy sat down next to me and engulfed me in a tight hug. I hugged her back as she whispered how everything would be okay.

     Suddenly everything around me started spinning and next thing I knew I was in some dark room. Someone teleported me away. I looked up to see Dorian standing in front of me with a straight face. I am so confused right now. I wiped some tears from my eyes and tried acting as smooth as possible.

     "Someone wants to meet with you, Lucresia." Dorian stated as I looked around, this seemed to be some kind of waiting room. I frowned and crossed my arms on front of my chest.

     "Who wants to meet with me? Why did you teleport me here? I was in the middle of something." I told him as he smirked and shrugged.

     "The middle of what? Breaking Nick's heart and crying? Please I only saved you from yourself. Come now." He said and motioned me to follow him. How he knew everything was beyond me. We went down the stairs and into the main foyer of the bar. Sitting by the fireplace was a rather handsome man who was wearing a gold cape or something. I looked at Dorian who motioned me to step towards the man. I looked at him, he had a cynical smirk on his face as he eyed me up and down. Something about him was just wrong and made me want to run away screaming.

     "Lucresia Good, please do sit down near me. Don't you be scared." The man said as I frowned and sat across from him slowly. Dorian bowed lightly in front of him and left us alone, making me feel uneasy and quite frankly scared. Who is this man?

     "May I ask who you are? I don't seem to understand what is going on." I said as he smirked and and raised his pant leg, showing an animal hoof. The Dark Lord. Nick said he would walk again in his true form and this is him. Why would he want to meet with me?

     "D-Dark Lord, what a surprise it is for me that you would want to meet with me. I'm honored really." I stuttered nervously as he chuckled and waved me off. My heart pounded in my chest rapidly, had I done something to upset my lord?

     "Well I am just so happy to finally meet the Lucresia Good, the witch that harvested Sarah Good's powers. It was my personal agenda that you got all the best powers from your ancestor." The Dark Lord said making me cringe lightly. Of course it has to do with Sarah, everything is about her lately.

     "You know I gave you all her powers because she was a very loyal witch, she worshipped me. Do you worship me, Lucresia?" He asked me as I frowned. I mean I guess I do. I am a witch after all and he is our God.

     "I do, Dark Lord. Of course I do." I assured him as he pursed his lips and sighed. "Oh how I hate lies, Lucresia... See I happen to know that you hate someone that I hold very close to my heart and is very dear to me." He said as my eyes widened. Is he talking about Sabrina? What does she have to do with my faith?

     "I'm confused, Dark Lord... What does Sabrina Spellman have to do with my beliefs and worships?" I asked him as he motioned me to be quiet. My heart thudded in my chest as the Dark Lord stood up and paced calmly through the room.

     "Well she is my spawn after all, my daughter, I can't have people hating on her. That's just like as if they were hating on me." He explained as my eyes widened in shock. Sabrina is the devil's daughter, and he is asking me to not hate on her. Quite a childish thing to ask of me.

     "Lucresia, I'm going to have to ask you to worship Sabrina as if she was me. Can you do that for me?" He asked me as I frowned and almost instantly shook my head. Is he crazy? There is no chance in heaven that I will ever worship or even come close to respecting Sabrina.

     "Dark Lord, I'm sorry but I can't seem to do what you ask of me. It's not something I can do truthfully." I said honestly, his face changing into an almost unreadable expression. He could end me right now if he wanted to.

     "Very well, I guess that is fair. Just don't pray to me Lucresia when you start to loose all of your amazing powers that I gave you. And don't you pray to me when you turn into a mere mortal, understood?" He is threatening me. If I don't worship Sabrina he will take my powers and I will be mortal.

     "Dark Lord, please, I'll do what you ask of me but please don't take my powers away." I pleaded as he nodded and smiled wickedly.

     "Then you know what to do, Lucresia. Be a faithful follower like Sarah Good and bow down to my daughter or else..." He threatened one last time, motioning me to leave the room. I did as he said and left the foyer, going up the stairs ready to leave Dorian's.

     As I was leaving Dorian's I bumped into someone. I looked up to see Sabrina looking at me with a puzzled look. I just wanted to choke her right there and then but I didn't. I just continued walking away from the bar. There must be something I can do to not have to do what the Dark Lord asks of me. Now this might be a good time to have someone come and tell me what to do. I need Nick. He's the only one that would know what to do and say.

I just knew one thing.

     I will bow to Sabrina Spellman over my dead body.

-
Hey you guys! Thank you all for more than 50k reads it is honestly so amazing the love and support my story has gotten. I am eternally grateful.

Thank you for reading x