Chapter 9

02:29

Dawn's eyes went wide when she got closer to the centre. The path had been long and with sacrifice, but they were finally there. 'We're here.' She smiled.

The other three looked at each other as the short mousy girl skipped forward into a plain. It was open with a few trees around. Dawn pulled them into a centre where a lone tree trunk was.

'What is it?' Scott asked.

Dawn placed a finger on her lips silencing him. She quickly turned to the trunk where she dropped down with her legs folded.

'What's she doing?' Scott asked.

'Meditating.' Dakota replied.

Dawn shook her head. 'I need you to be quiet. And I need you to watch me, if I seem like I'm struggling, I need you to pull me out.'

Dakota raised an eyebrow. 'Of?'

'I'm going to try Astral Projection.' She closed her eyes again and she began concentrating.

'What?' Scott mouthed.

B raised his hands.

Dawn felt herself slip apart. The voices became more faded as she distanced herself from her body. The only thing connecting them was a white tether. She focused on the strong presence she could feel coming from the centre.

'Hello.' A voice purred, immediately causing her to turn around.

A young man faced her. He was tanned and had chocolate hair falling from past his shoulders. The guy was toned and broad, tall too, he appeared to be towering over the mousy girl.

'What's your name?' She asked.

'Alejandro.' He replied.

'I'm Dawn.' She informed him.

'I know.' He purred again. 'We've been watching you. All of you.'

'What do you mean? Who's we?'

He folded his arms. 'Us. The people who died here, on this island.' He explained.

'Why?'

'We must.' He told her. 'For we are trapped.'

She nodded. 'Were your murdered?'

He nodded. 'I was. At the hands of my colleague.' He raised a hand up before she could ask him anything. 'I took lives here.' He admitted. 'Blinded by money I let my conscience die... I guess I deserve to be stuck here in a way. But. They don't.'

She looked up at many other young people around her.

'Many of their lives were taken unlawfully. Many of them innocent.'

She nodded. 'Thanks for confiding in me.'

He nodded. 'It's the least I can do, to help you with. Everything.'

She looked up at the entrapped Spirit of the Hispanic man in front of him. 'Do you know who-'

'Who the murderer is?' He asked.

She nodded.

'I do.'

'Who?'

His eyes went wide.

'What?' She asked. Dawn looked down and her eyes went wide at the dagger plunged into her chest. 'What?' She repeated as the man faded off in the distance.