Chapter 4

01:07

Zoey crawled alone through the woods. She'd got pretty far away from where Jo had been murdered.

Zoey was weak and tired, but she knew she couldn't stop. She had to carry on, she had to find the other girls, she needed to find someone to save her.

***

Dawn grabbed her head and screamed.

'Dawn!' Staci yelled jumping to her side. 'Dawn!'

Dawn was shaking massively, and Anne Maria jumped over to her. She raised her hand and slapped her around the face.

'What the fuck was that for?' Dakota asked her, but as she was talking Dawn had stopped moving and had come to her senses.

'Oh...' Dawn whispered. 'We need to go.'

'What?' Staci asked.

'We need to get to the centre of the island.' Dawn told them. 'We're near the outskirts right now.'

'Why? What's there?' Anne Maria asked.

'A great darkness.' Dawn replied.

The three girls stepped back and looked at each other, unsure what to do.

'Let's go.' Dakota said making the other three turn to her.

'Thank-you Dakota.' Dawn smiled, standing up Dawn took Dakota's hand in hers.

The four started walking through the woods, they were unarmed and three of them were scared. Dawn was acting strangely though; she was slightly ahead of the others; it was like she was being dragged through the woods.

'Everything alright Dawn?' Staci asked peering forward.

Dawn didn't reply, she kept walking making it slightly difficult for the other three to keep up with her. They kept following her though, wherever Dawn was going there may be answers there.

'I need the toilet.' Staci said to the group.

Even Dawn turned around to face her.

'Seriously?' Anne Maria asked. 'Now?'

'We can't stop.' Dawn told them. 'We have to go.'

'Okay.' Dakota said. 'I'll carry on with Dawn, Anne you go with Staci.'

Anne Maria turned around. 'It's Anne Maria, and why the fuck do I have to go with Staci?'

'Because I called it.' Dakota smiled, walking off with Dawn.

Anne Maria frowned, and she looked at Staci. 'Alright, just go.'

Staci shook her head. 'I can't if you're watching.' Staci went behind a tree and knelt down. Anne Maria leant against another one and she started whistling. She didn't notice when a figure silently creeped behind her. The figure grabbed Staci, a hand over her mouth. She tried to break free, but the figure slit her throat, as she crumbled down to the ground. The figure made their way around the tree to face Anne Maria who screamed. She tried to run but the figure easily grabbed her and hit her around the head, knocking her out.