Chapter 1

23:03

They woke up alone on a beach. Lightning wiped his eyes and he brushed the sand off of his trainers. He looked around to see six other males around his age were also lying on the ground. They seemed to be on a beach, near a forest. Lightning stood up, and everyone else slowly followed.

'Anybody know where we are?' Mike asked.

It was weird, no one could remember how they got here, and they had barely any memories of their own identity, but they all remembered that they knew each other.

'Or how we got here?' Scott asked.

No one replied. They were all clueless as to why they were there.

'We should split up.' Someone said, they all turned around to see it was the scrawniest of them, Cameron. 'I mean, we need to find out why we're here.'

Brick nodded. 'Yeah, I think some of should stay on the beach whilst some others go into the woods.' Brick took a step towards the woods.

'I'll come with you.' Scott told him, taking a step in his direction, 'You come too big guy.' Scott hit B on the chest, and B nodded.

Lightning watched the three stroll off, leaving him with Cameron, Mike and Sam.

'We should set up some kind of base.' Cameron said, walking to the edge of the beach. 'We should gather sticks, rocks and other stuff like that.'

Lightning didn't really like the idea as he couldn't be bothered to do any manual labour, but he didn't quite feel like challenging anyone in that moment, even if the person he would be challenging is a total dweeb like Cameron. Lightning got up and he went to the forest next to where Mike was picking up sticks.

'Yo dude.' Lightning smiled at Mike, who timidly looked up at him.

'H-Hi.' Mike smiled at him.

Lightning picked up a sharp stick, and he marvelled at it. He pretended to fight with it making Mike laugh slightly.

***

Sam was off alone picking up some rocks for Cameron, he didn't mind doing a bit of work as long as it wasn't too much. He picked up a pretty heavy rock but he had to put it back down again.

He bent back down to try and pick it up again when he fell onto the ground. He put his hand onto his back and reached out to feel a small hatchet in his back. He coughed, and he felt blood fall out of his mouth. He fell to the ground harder and he blacked out.

Cameron ran up to Sam, his body limp. He screamed, causing Lightning and Mike to run over to him.

Mike fainted causing Lightning to catch him.

'Shit.' Lightning froze, stunned. 'Someone murdered him.'