Chapter 7

02:03

Zoey clutched Mike tightly as he helped her walk along. Mike had lost his breath awhile ago, and now all they could do was meander at a slow pace. Neither of them had seen what happened to Cameron, but they both feared the worst. Mike had a big frown on his face, clearly upset over what had just happened. He was riddled with guilt over leaving his new friend like that.

'Do you know where we're headed?' Zoey asked.

'As far away from here as possible.' Mike replied. 'So, we don't end up like... well, you know.'

Zoey nodded and frowned. The two of them dragged on further. 'I'm scared Mike.' Zoey whispered.

Mike pulled her into a side hug. 'So am I Zoey.'

***

Dakota crept behind Dawn. The two of them slowly making their way further around the cabin. They'd seen two guys looking at something.

Dawn creeped up with the taller blonde and the two of them circled around. One of the guys, the bigger one was knelt down and Dakota and Dawn jumped when they saw a young man dead against the shed. He was leant back, arched over, red pooling out of his neck.

Dakota and Dawn immediately started backing away.

Scott immediately raised his fists at the two girls. 'Who are you?' He asked.

'There's a dead body on the floor, and you're asking us questions?' Dakota asked. 'Who is he?'

'Woah.' Scott raised his arms. 'We found him like that. He's B and I'm Scott. We woke up here with some other guys on the beach. They're probably all dead...'

Dawn nodded. 'I'm Dawn, she's Dakota. We woke up here as well with some other girls. We don't know where they are.'

B got up and stood by them.

'He doesn't talk by the way.' Scott explained.

Dawn nodded. 'I know.' She glanced at Dawn. 'We're on the way to the centre of the island.'

B raised an eyebrow.

'There's something there.' Dawn whispered. 'A strange energy. Pulling me closer.'

Dakota rolled her eyes.

'Why don't we come with you?' Scott asked.

'Sure.' Dawn smiled. 'We might need extra support.'

'Speak for yourself.' Dakota muttered.

No one replied and the four of them headed off.