➻➻➻ I N T E R V I E W #1

The Winner of Season One, chersonesse

✍ Interviewed by BTSdope123

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

Q.1) Tell us 10 things about yourself.

1. I am a huge fan of the Produce101 series.

2. Come Back Home by 2ne1 was my first K-pop song.

3. I studied psychology for three years.

4. Both of my favourite bands have four members in them, and both are named after numbers.

5. My favourite number is 5. My favourite TUA character is Number Five. My enneagram is Type 5..... I’ll stop now.

6. Number Six from I Am Number Four was my first girl crush (I’m straight btw. I just love the character so much).

7. My favourite book series is The Seventh Tower hexalogy because I’m such a child.

8. I used to h8 pineapple on pizzas, but now I don’t mind it as much.

9. I’m a ‘96 liner. Now you know how young I am lol (denial overload)!

10. I wrote my first story when I was ten years old.

Q.2) How long have you been into Graphic Designing??

As of January 2020, I have been editing for over a year.

Q.3 What got you into Graphic Designing?

I saw GarnetClover118’s anime covers and fell in love with them. Then I found her Picsart tutorial and decided to make one myself. Best decision ever.

Q.4 Are there any other designers whose work inspired you?

Too many. Way, way too many. I follow them all on Wattpad. Feel free to check out my following list.

Q.5 What applications or softwares do you like to use for designing and why??

I use ibispaintx because it has a myriad of functions and brushes that allows me to achieve the ideas I have in mind. It’s also quite flexible in the sense that I can save my edit and work on it at a later time. However, the best quality of ipx is that it is free to use (and rarely glitches).
Other apps I use are Pixellab and Polarr. Pixellab is great for text alignment and effects, and Polarr allows me to colour my edit ala Photoshop.

Q.6 What type of covers do you like making and why??

I like making moody fantasy covers. I can’t say exactly why I like making them, but something about editing characters into fantastical places entices me. In addition, although fantasy covers are quite difficult to make, I like the challenge of making them even if the outcome is not how I expected it to be. I just enjoy the process.

Q.7 How do you create your designs, what is your design creative process??

I start out with a rough idea of the theme I want for my edit. I usually look to other designs for inspiration and try to figure out how I could achieve it. Then I would go stock-hunting, but since not all stock photos are free I would improvise with whatever resources I have at my disposal.
After that I would lay out the base. Detailing and colouring come later in the process.

Q.8 Where do you get your inspiration from?

Pinterest, Instagram and Wattpad. Also, MOVIES.

Q.9 How are you feeling about winning the First Season of "Kover Karnival"?

Am I dreaming? Is this a prank? Is the sky green? XD
Anyways, I feel honoured to win the first season! I have learned many things from the judges and hosts. Maybe one day I’ll host a contest of my own (y’all are invited to join, of course).

Q.10 Any piece of advice for the budding Graphic Designers out there..

Experiment. Be bold to learn and persist. And most importantly, love what you do!

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

Congratulations once again!!