Chapter 26- Initials

Y/N p.o.v.

I groaned as my alarm went off, screaming at me to get up. Winter break just ended, and now it's back to school. Back to crowded hallways Mr. L's unforgiving lectures, and dip shits like Henry Bowers.

I turned off my alarm and rubbed my eyes as I sat up in my bed. Back to routine.

-

"If corn oil is made fr-from corn and v-v-vegetable oil is made from vegetables, w-what's baby oil made from?" I turned my head and looked at him with the most horrified face I could manage. He simply raised his brows.
Bill and I decided to walk to school for the next month or so until it snows less.
"What the fuck are you talking about?" I spat through a laugh, on the verge of tears.
"J-Just think about it. A-A-And if q-quizzes are quizzical, what are t-tests?" He asked with a snicker as I snorted. I quickly covered my mouth as Bill laughed harder, wrapping an arm around me as we walked in the cold.
"I didn't know I was going out with Richie Tozier."

-

"Hey, lovebirds! Get over here!" Richie yelled from the other end of the hallway where all the losers were gathered. We -Stan, Bill and I- decided not to tell the others about the whole 'Snowball' incident. To them, we just left the dance early. We walked over to the group, Stanley giving us a small smile as he leaned on one of the lockers. Eddie was leaning into Richie, his arm around the smaller boy. Ben and Beverly stood close to each other, slightly brushing hands.

"How was e-everyone's break?" Bill asked with his pearly whites showing proudly. Ben and Bev exchanged a look and turned red, cheeks like rose petals.
"Me and Eds had the best New Years, you won't believe what we did at midnight," Richie winked at Eddie as he poked at his side.
"Oh shut up, Rich. Nothing happened, and don't call me that!" He protested.
"Okay fine spaghetti head, but I wouldn't call a heated make out session nothing!" Eddie turned red as Richie ruffled his hair.

"Okay!" Eddie covered the raven haired boy's mouth. "Ben, what about you?" He asked with the tilt of his head.
"What about me?" Ben repeated as he fiddled with his fingers.
"How was your break?" Eddie clarified.
"Oh, uh, yeah. It was nice." His eyes wandered around, darting from one place to another.
"Did you do anything fun?" I wondered aloud, I wanted to know why he was so out of it today.
"Oh he probably did something real fun, or someone. We all saw that kiss at the dance, Haystack." Richie snickered as Ben's head shot up, starring wide eyed at him. I smiled to myself, it was sweet to see him so flustered over a kiss.
"You did?" He questioned, turning to look at Bev with big worried eyes. She simply smiled and let out a giggle.
"Well I guess you wouldn't be surprised that we're going out." She smirked as she leaned onto Ben, planting a kiss on his cheek.
A series of 'aw's and 'good for you's were directed to the couple. from what I could tell, everyone was happy for the two.
"I'm so happy for you guys! You're perfect for each other." I congratulated them, I know how much this meant to Beverly.
"Wow, I'm impressed, truly." Richie smirked at Ben before Eddie shot him a look, I swear I heard him whimper.
"Well, I for one, think it was only a matter of time. You've had a crush on Bev since middle school." Stan said nonchalantly.
"You, you did?" Beverly asked Ben, looking up at her new significant other.
"Yeah, but I didn't want to say anything." Ben admitted shyly as he rubbed the back of his neck. Bev planted a small kiss on his lips and smiled, showing all her teeth.
"Geez, get a room. Seriously. No one wants to see that." Stan remarked while taking out a book from his backpack, most likely about birds, while the group shared a light hearted laugh.

-

Mr. L was not happy to be back.
Well, not for us to be back at least.

He groaned as we entered the room which earned a quiet laugh from a couple of classmates. We shared a smile as we took our usual seats, placing our books on them and continuing our earlier conversation about what we were going to do after school.

"Diner?"
"No."
"Park?"
"Nah."
"M-My house?"
"Eh."
"Yours?"
"Nuh uh."

"Okay I g-give up. You got anything?" Bill accepted defeat after a thousand suggestions.
"I've got something in mind," A smile tugged at the corner of my lips, "But I can't tell you."
"W-What? Why?" He scooted his chair in, leaning over his desk so he was right in my face. He gave his best puppy dog eyes.
"Can't say." I turned my head around, facing the front of the class.
"Oh come on!" He whined.
"Sorry, my lips are sealed." I shrugged, smirking at myself.
"Okay class, pull out your textbooks and let's get started. No passing notes. Or taking. Or whispering. Or turning around. You get the gist." He said, the last part through gridded teeth as he looked at Bill and I.

Bill's p.o.v.

"Where are we g-going?" I asked once again. I kept asking even though I knew she wouldn't tell me, but I couldn't help it. It was fun to bug her. I live to see y/n try to hide a smile.
"As I said," She pointed to her lips. "Lips," Then put her index finger and her thumb together and dragged them across her lips. "Sealed." I snickered as she put her hand down.
"Besides, we're almost there anyway." She turned around and started walking backwards with a smile plastered on her face, I was positive nothing could wipe it off.

-

"Hey, I know th-this road." I said as I looked at the street sign. "It's got the kissing bridge-" I cocked a brow. "The kissing bridge?" I said again, she nodded as her hair bounced with the motion of her head.
"I thought we could go here since it's practically the only place we haven't been to in Derry," She walked over to the edge and ran her fingers across the names carved into the fence. I admired her charming movements, so careful and graceful. Without purpose or care. I looked at the names and initials that were scattered on almost every inch of wood, then looked at the ground. There were pebbles covered by a light layer of snow, I crouched until I found a rock with a sharp edge.

"What are you doing, Billy?" Y/n asked me.
"I was fi-f-finding a good rock."
"Good rock?"
"Yes." I clarified. I walked over to the fence and looked for an empty spot. Once I found one I bent my knees, getting to eye level. I dragged the sharp end of the rock, starting to carve into the wood. Then a heart surrounding the letters.

"It's our initials." She said in a hushed tone.
I turned around and saw her standing there, looking at the carving in pure awe.
"That's the sweetest thing I could ever imagine." She whispered as she walked over to me. I stood up straight, and with a smile I pulled her into my arms.
"I love yo-" I couldn't finish my sentence as a pair of lips connected with mine. I closed my eyes and melted into the warmth of the touch, never wanting this feeling to end.
So that's why they call it the kissing bridge.

1298 words

An Author's note:

Sorry I was gone for so long, I went on vacation and couldn't write. And sorry that these last 2 chapters haven't been that exciting. But who doesn't love some good fluff right? And if you could drop some good it fiction in the comments that would be great thanks babe;)

Happy reading<333