Chapter 9- Boy on Boy

Y/N p.o.v.

After playing at the park for a couple hours Richie suggested we should have a sleepover at his house since his parents weren't home and everyone agreed. We all went home to get our stuff then planned to meet at his house in an hour or so. We all went our separate ways on our bikes. Once I got home I asked my mom if I could sleepover at Beverly's house because if I told her I wanted to sleep at a boy's house she'd freak. She agreed and I went upstairs to pack my bag.

I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste, a brush, pajamas, and a pillow. I thought I'd just wear the clothes I'm in right now tomorrow too.
After grabbing a snack from the pantry I grabbed my bag with all the items I packed and got on my bike. I rode in the brisk, autumn air and let the cool wind run through my hair.

-

I made it to Richie's house and but my bike next to the other's. I walked to the front door and rang the door bell. After a few seconds the door swung open and I saw Richie and a few of the losers behind him. Bill and Ben were the only ones missing.
I walked in and admired the house. I saw pictures of a baby Richie and family photos hung on the walls.
"Nice house Richie, and I really like this photo." I laughed as I pointed to Richie in the bath as a toddler which made the rest laugh, except Richie who quickly covered the picture with his hands.

"Okay! Let's move on, shall we?" He said clearly embarrassed. We went up the stairs to Richie's room and waited for the rest to arrive. After 10 minutes or so of laughing at Richie's dumb jokes, Bill and Ben came to the house.

"Finally!" Beverly blurted out as soon as the door opened.
"Hey, what can I say, we like to make an entrance." Ben joked.
"We're 'f-fashionably late' as they say," Bill added as he shrugged. I walked up to him and hugged him. He kissed my forehead as Mike and Stan pretended to gag.
"Oh shut up, you should be used to it by now!" I laughed.

-

We went downstairs to the basement and sat on the big couch with some people on the floor then brainstormed games to play.

"Truth or dare?" Stan suggested.
"We just played that dumbass!" Richie commented.
"Spin the bottle?" Mike suggested. Bill and I looked at each other as the others nodded in agreement.
"W-we'll sit out." Bill stated.
"Chicken," Stan mumbled under his breath.
"Okay, that's understandable." Bev gave us a reassuring smile.
"That's being a party-pooper, actually, but whatever." Richie said. I rolled my eyes as Bill laughed.

"Well I guess there's gonna be some boy-on-boy action since there's only one girl..." Beverly nudged Eddie as he blushed.
"I'm alright with that.." Richie said quietly. "Only because I'm not a pussy like all of you!" He added. Everyone just chuckled, all probably thinking the same thing.

"I'll go first!" Mike said as we clapped at his bravery. He spun the bottle hard and after a bit it landed on Stanley.
"Why did I agree to this?" Stan said as he put his palm on his forehead in frustration. "Pucker up, lover boy!" Mike said with a wink as everyone laughed hysterically. Mike and Stan barely even touched lips but they still turned redder than a strawberry. We all laughed until Ben volunteered to go next. I looked at Beverly and she noticed. I winked and she mouthed 'I'll kill you' to me and I quietly snickered.
Ben spun the bottle, and almost like it was destiny, it landed on Beverly. They both blushed as everyone looked at them.
"Well, what are you waiting for? Kiss already!" I said breaking the silence. I swear I could hear them both gulp as they leaned in.

Beverly's p.o.v.

Of course it landed on me when it was Ben's turn. I couldn't believe it, I was about to kiss Ben. I've liked him for a few months now but I didn't think he felt the same way. My mind was full of questions and thoughts until our lips met.
Everything became quiet. I thought he'd pull away right after contact, but he didn't, we kept kissing. I inched closer as the kiss grew. Then I heard Stan clear his throat and we both pulled away. Everyone was just staring at us, it was really awkward.
"Okay, my turn!" Richie said, making the stiffness in the room slowly fade away.

Richie's p.o.v.

It was my turn for spin the bottle. I spun it as hard as I could. I rubbed my hands in anticipation.
I thought to myself, 'Come on Eddie! Come on Eddie!' As the bottle spun in circles. It slowed down as it was pointing at Eddie, we both looked at each other blushing. Then my heart stopped. The bottle passed Eddie right before it stopped and landed on Stan.

Fuck.

I didn't want to kiss Stan, I wanted to kiss Eddie. I didn't know what was going on between us but whatever it was, I liked it. Whenever we'd hold hands my heart would skip a beat.
I'd kiss him any chance I get, even if it is just a dare.
Stan doesn't make me feel like that, not at all.

"Oh." I whispered. That was all I could manage to say. Stan rubbed his temples and muttered "Not again..." he leaned in and closed his eyes as he waited for me to kiss him. I looked at Eddie, he was just looking at me with a sad expression. I knew he didn't want me to kiss Stan, so I didn't. He opened one eye with his lips still puckered and looked at me.
"Come on, just get it over with!" He begged.
"I, I don't feel good." I said. I stood up and walked out of my room and into the bathroom. I just sat on the floor thinking to myself.
I'm gay.

Y/N p.o.v.

Richie walked up the stairs leaving us all confused.
"I'll be right back." Eddie said as he stood up and went the same way Richie did, probably to find him. Stan fixed his posture and wiped his forehead.
"Thank god, I'd take Mike over Richie any day." We all giggled at Stan's joke. As we laughed I saw Beverly and Ben exchanging eye contact,
I knew Bev liked Ben!
They'd be such a good couple, I always thought so. And I could tell Ben had feelings for Beverly too.

We talked for a few minutes until Bill brought up the elephant in the room.
"So, what was th-that about? I mean, you know, R-Richie?" I thought about the question at hand.
"I don't really know, I think they like each other, I see the way they look at one another, and don't get me started on the constant flirting," I paused and realized that they were both still gone.

"Where are they anyway?" I asked.
"Not sure, I'll look for them," Stan said.
"I'll come too," I offered.
Stan and I stood up and so did Beverly.
"I'm coming too, you guys keep playing," she winked.

We all walked up the stairs and searched the first floor.
The living room, kitchen, the closet, then I heard small, quiet voices coming from the bathroom. I walked closer and heard heavy breathing, I wondered if Eddie needed his inhaler.

"You guys okay in there?" I asked as I knocked on the door and slowly turned the knob.

1375 words

An Author's Note:
Cliffhanger;)
I thought for this chapter I could focus more on the other members of the losers club. I think it thickens the plot line and helps build the story and make it more interesting. I also noticed it helps me when I'm not sure what to write about. Also, thank you for the support I've been getting on this story! It's my first book and I'm still learning so I'm very thankful for the positivity I've received!

Happy reading! -Author