Chapter 7- Too Young

Bill's p.o.v.

"BILLY?!"

I pulled away from y/n and stood still, I felt my blood rush to my face and started to sweat as my body heated up.
"M-Mom! Hi!"
I gave a big awkward smile. I turned to y/n and quickly whispered in her ear,
"G-go now if you want to live." She tried to hold in a laugh as she ran to her bike. My mom grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. She pointed to the couch then crossed her arms. I sat as she looked at me sternly.

"What do you think you're doing Bill?! You can't just make out with any girl!" She shouted. "Sh-She's not just any girl.." I mumbled.
"Don't use that tone with me, Billy! You know I hate that!"
"She's not just any girl!" I yelled as I stood up. My mother looked like she had seen a ghost. "We're together. H-Happy now?" I added. My mother grabbed my shoulders.
"Bill, you're not ready for a relationship, you're not even 16!" She took her hands off my shoulders and tangled them into her hair.
"Just because I'm 15 doesn't mean I can't love someone!" I threw my arms out into the air.
"You think you love this girl? You don't even know what love is Billy! You're too young!" She tried to put her hand on my shoulder again but I pushed it off and stormed up the stairs and into my room.

"You're not allowed to see that girl anymore, you hear me?!" She shouted up the stairs.

I slammed my door behind me and flung myself onto my bed. I just laid there. I could feel the familiar sting of tears meeting my eyes, I tried to hold them back but eventually I let them run down my cheeks. What if we were too young? What if Stan was right about moving too fast?
'No,' I thought to myself. I tried to stop thinking about it, but it didn't work.

Y/N p.o.v.

I went home after Billy's mother caught us kissing, I didn't think much of it but I did feel bad for Bill having to deal with his parents. My mom had always been supportive and let me make my own decisions, so I thought I should be honest with her and tell her about Bill. As I walked into the kitchen, to no surprise, my mother was preparing dinner with an apron tied around her waist like the picture perfect wife.

"Sweetie! How was your day?" I ignored her question.
"Mom," I started. "I have a boyfriend." She immediately stopped cutting up the vegetables and looked straight at me with her mouth agape. I could see she was at a loss for words.

"His name is Bill. I've told you about him a few times, haven't I? He's so nice to me and you could meet him I'm sur-"
"How long have you been together?" Her stunned expression turned into a faint smile. I walked over to her and hugged her.
"Only a few days, I was nervous to tell you at first. I'm so sorry." She stroked my hair.
"It's okay y/n, I can tell he's a good kid, and I can tell you really like him."
"Yeah, I really do." I didn't want to overwhelm my mother even more than she was with telling her that I love him. I could tell she was putting on a happy face for me, but I know she wants me to turn back into a little girl before I even knew about boyfriends and girlfriends.

-

I woke up to the repetitive beep of my alarm. I sat up with a smile on my face. I got ready for school and put on a plain black long sleeve with a plaid button up over top and ripped jeans. I ate a bowl of cereal then got my school stuff and grabbed a jacket from the closet. I got on my bike and rode to Billy's house. As I pulled up to his address I saw Billy, waiting for me on his bike per usual.
"Good morning," I smiled at him. He looked at me and started petaling without a word, I just followed behind him.

Why was he in such a bad mood?

-

We barely talked in Mr. L's class. I'd ask him a question or tell him something and he'd just respond with "yes" or "okay", and sometimes he wouldn't respond at all. I was really confused why he told me he loved me yesterday and know he's ignoring me? When lunch time came around he didn't talk then either. I talked to Beverly and the other losers but it wasn't as fun as talking with Billy.

-

After school when Bill was at the bike rack I grabbed his hand and pulled him around the side of the school as he tried to shake my hand off his.

"Wh-What are you doing? Let go," he said as he pushed my hand off his.
"Billy, what's going on?" I looked into his eyes. "N-Nothing." I rolled my eyes as he crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. I took one of his hands and held it with both of mine.
"It's not nothing. I know you." He looked at me and slowly slipped out of my grip.
"Wh-what if, what if we are too young?
I d-don't know what love is.." he looked down.

My heart stopped beating.

I felt a sharp pit in my throat stopping any air from entering my lungs up and my vision quickly became blurry. I put my hand on my heart, almost as if he ripped it out and I was covering the wound.
"How could you. I, I thought you didn't care about what anyone thought! I thought you cared about me! But I guess not." I yelled through my tears. I turned around and ran to my bike.
"Y/n. Y/n, w-wait!" He called after me, but I didn't care. I hopped on my bike and went to the only place I could think of.

Bill's p.o.v.

What the fuck did I just do.
I called her name but it was no use. She got on her bike and left.
Why did I do that? I just ruined the best thing I had. I ran to my bike and tried to follow her, but she was too far ahead. Where would she go? I peddled as fast as I could, looking around for her light blue bicycle, until it came to me.
I knew exactly where she was.
I rode faster than I ever had before.

-

I got of my bike and hopped over the gate, and ran into the meadow. And underneath the tree was y/n. I walked over to her and as I got closer I could hear her whimpers. Each one broke my heart more than the last.

"Y/n," She turned her head to reveal her red face covered in tears. She quickly looked the other way.
"What do you want," She whispered in a broken voice. I took a seat down next to her.
"I want t-to apologize." She looked back at me. "Go on..." She sniffled and rubbed her nose.

"I'm s-so so sorry y/n. You were right, I don't c-care about what people think. After my mom saw us k-kissing she told me that I was
'to young' t-to be in a relationship and I apparently don't k-know what love is. But I do. B-because I love you y/n. I'd n-never try to hurt you." I looked into her eyes. I squinted my eyes, getting ready for her to break up with me, but then she kissed me.

I kissed back and I put my hands around her. I kissed her forehead then pulled away.
"I love you too Billy."
"I know."
We both laughed softly with our foreheads resting against each other's then hugged.

"I told my mom." Y/n admitted as she was still in my embrace with her head resting on my shoulder.
"I hope you're not mad." She looked up at me and seemed genuinely disappointed in herself. I grabbed her hand.
"It's okay, I c-could never be mad at you."
I kissed her softly.
"Come on, I'll ride to your house w-with you." I offered.

-

We got on our bikes and rode to y/n's house. I walked with her to her front door.
"Let's try this again." She winked as she pulled on my shirt and kissed me goodbye.
No one opened the door.
No one yelled.
No one made me question how much I love my girlfriend.

Then we pulled away and she opened the door. "I'll see you t-tomorrow?"
"See ya," She said with a quiet snicker before closing the door.

1496 words