Chapter 23- Snowball

Y/N p.o.v.

The week had gone by slowly, everyone wanting the Snowball to come. Every class seemed to grow longer the closer Friday came. I'd find myself fantasizing about how the dance would go down. In all honestly the scenarios weren't always good, but it always ended with a kiss.

-

I was startled by the infamous ring of the bell that let us know it was time to go home.  I gathered my books and lightly jogged to my locker, anxious to get home and prepare for the dance later. I put in my combination and opened my locker, grabbing my bag and shoving all my belongings in it. I swung it onto my shoulder after putting my jacket on and started my walk home, I couldn't ride my bike since the snow piled up from last night.

"Y-Y/n!" I heard my name being called and instantly knew who it was from the tiny stutter.
I turned around and gave Bill a bright smile while he rushed over to me, then stopping and putting his hands on his knees as he caught his breath. I laughed at his tiredness.
"Hi love, what's up?" I asked with a giggle.
"I just w-wanted to let you know M-Mike's going to drive us tonight, w-we'll be there by 6, is that alright?" None of the losers could drive just yet except for Mike, Bill would be the next with his license since his birthday's in January.
"Yeah, that sounds great. See you then," I pecked his lips before starting my walk home in the snow.

-

Bev came over a bit after I got home so we could get ready together. I sat on my bed after changing into my dress and watch Beverly as she did her makeup while looking back into my vanity mirror. She was so pretty. I could see why she got bullied, not because she deserved it but because the other girls were probably jealous of her beauty, just wishing they had those crystal-like eyes of hers.

"Okay, now it's your turn," Beverly said after she put her lipstick on. She pulled out my chair and patted on it, signaling me to sit. I smiled and sat down, looking at Beverly's stunning makeup. She had black eyeliner with mascara on her lashes and a subtle smokey eye, with roses cheeks and dark red lipstick. She looked like her usual punk self, but royalty at the same time.

"I think you'd look better with a more blushy, soft look, you know?" She suggested while looking through both our makeup bags.
"Yeah, that sounds perfect," I imagined the look piecing together in my mind, it did look nice. She started with a foundation with not too much coverage but enough to cover any of my blemishes. Slowly put surely she covered my face with blush, shadow, mascara, eyeliner, and just about any other makeup product.

Soon enough Beverly finished my makeup, putting the lipstick on last just as she did with herself. She took a step back to inspect her work, then nodding with what I assumed was approval.
"Okay, I think we're done," she said as she slowly turned the chair around, letting me look at my reflection for the first time with the makeup on. I was shocked. I looked, pretty.
Maybe even as pretty as Bev. It's like I was looking at myself in a whole new light. I'd never seen myself like this before.
My eyeshadow was a soft rosy pink, rouge on my cheeks, a nude pink lip, pointed eyeliner.
It's almost as if my lashes grew since before the makeover I had never seen them so long.
I felt the familiar prick of tears in my eyes but didn't let them fall, not wanting them to ruin the very thing I was crying about.

I stood up and threw my arms around Bev, she stumbled back and let out a laugh.
"Thank you," I said in a hushed tone.
"No problem," she hugged back.

-

It was 6:02pm, Bill and Mike would be here any second. I tapped my foot on the hardwood floor, growing anxious. I really wanted everything to go perfect tonight.
"They should be here soon," Beverly said as she put her high heels on. As if on cue, there was a knock at the door. A smile grew on my face as I went to open the door.