Chapter 12- Chug

*y/h/c- your hair color*
*y/e/c- your eye color*

Y/N p.o.v.

As I opened my eyes the sun made me loose my vision temporarily and I slammed my pillow on top of my head, blocking out any light.

It was Saturday and my hickey was now gone, thankfully my mom never noticed.
All the losers were going to meet at the barrens at 1:30, I looked at my clock to check the time. 12:56am it read, so I quickly got out of bed and started getting ready. I put on a casual outfit, just a maroon t-shirt and jeans. I walked downstairs after pulling my hair in a high ponytail.

I smiled as I saw that my dad was home. He hasn't been home lately since he started working at his new job. I ran to hug him as I laughed. I wrapped my arms around him and he gave me a smile, a forced smile. He barely put his arms around me and hugged me back. I was disappointed at his reaction. He was never a happy person, it was just work and productivity to him.

"I've missed you so much!" I said releasing him from my grip.
"I've missed you too, y/n." He said almost emotionless before picking up his crossword puzzle book.

"Well I'm going to go hang out with my friends." I said as I grabbed an apple before walking out the door.
"Bye! I love you!"
"Bye." He responded as he sat down at the kitchen table with a pen in his hand, ready to solve the next answer.

-

I sighed as I hopped on my light blue bike. 'What's his deal? Does he even care about me? He didn't even say I love you back...' I thought as I was nearing the barrens, holding back tears. I felt one roll down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away and shook my head, I couldn't let him get to me.

I saw my friends' bikes piled together and I added mine to the pile. As I walked along the creek I looked at my watch. 1:52pm. I was definitely the last one there.

Bill's p.o.v.

It's practically 2! Where the fuck is she?" Richie whined as Eddie grabbed his hand. They've been awfully close lately.
"I have important news! But I can't tell you until she's here!" Beverly pouted. I looked at the sparkling water, then at the mossy trees. As my eyes wandered I saw a head of y/h/c hair. Followed by a pair of y/e/c eyes that glowed in the sunlight.

"Y/n!" I said as I pulled her into my embrace. I took a deep breath in as I hugged y/n, refreshing my mind of that wild flower scent that surrounded her. She kissed my cheek as she turned to say hi to the others.
"Hey guys, I'm so so sorry I'm late. I slept in." She said rubbing her arm.
"Yeah about damn time!" Richie snapped.
"I could have banged Eddie's mom at least twice before I left if I knew you were going to be this late! Am I right?" He asked raising his hand for a high-five. And to no surprise, he was left hanging.

"Okay Bev, what did you want t-to tell us?" I asked as I put my arm around y/n.
"Well, some kid from school, Betty I think, is throwing a party tonight and she's inviting everyone, and I mean everyone. So I thought we could go!" Beverly had a huge smile on her face. Eddie looked at the ground.

"Sorry guys, you know my mom, she'd never let me go." He said leaning into Richie.
"It's ok Eddie, you don't have to be sorry." Y/n said, giving him a warm smile.
"I'm not a 'party' person. Sorry." Ben stated, stepping back and almost excluding himself. Beverly frowned at the action.
"Okay, if you can come raise your hand."

Richie, Stan, Beverly, y/n, and I all raised our hands. Beverly gave us the address and time and told us to be a bit late because that's the 'cool' thing to do.

Y/N p.o.v.

After hanging out at the barrens for a couple hours we went our separate ways and got ready for the party. Once I entered my house I saw my parents in the kitchen making dinner, well, my mom was.
My dad was looking at work papers.
"Hey, could I go to a little party tonight? I swear it's not big, just a little get together."
I lied. The whole school was going to be there. "Yeah sweetie, just be home by 10:00. Okay?" "Okay, thanks mom!" I said before running up the stairs and into my room.

I searched through my dresser before finding my shorter, yellow dress. I changed and twirled in the mirror, making sure it looked good. I put a grey windbreaker jacket on overtop of the dress, which I'd take off after I left the house. My dad doesn't like it when I show too much skin, he would make me change if he saw the dress hand thin straps.
I put on a bit of makeup and took out my pony, letting my hair fall down. Before leaving I took one last look in the mirror.
Perfect.

-

This was it. The party. My first party I've ever been to. I slowly opened the door and made my way inside. The music was so loud I could feel the beat vibrating in my chest. I made my way through the crowded house, sweaty bodies dancing and drinking, it made me claustrophobic. I made my way down the hallway until I went into what I assumed was the living room. It was less crowded in there, more spread out and a bit quieter. I took a sigh of relief as I now had room to breathe.

I looked around the room and saw teenagers dancing and making out in various corners. They were basically licking each other's faces, it was nothing like how Bill and I kissed. I flinched slightly as I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see it was just Beverly.

"Heyy.. y/n..." she said, slurring her words. As she got closer I knew what was wrong. She was drunk, I could smell the alcohol on her breath. "Bev, have you been drinking?" She put an arm around me.
"Maybe.. okay yes but it's sooo gooood!" She said giggling.
"Here, here have some!" She said as she shoved her cup in my hands. I never had a drink before and I was nervous. I looked around and saw how much fun everyone was having, and I knew they were drunk. Why couldn't I have fun? I deserve to have fun after all the shit my dad's been pulling.
I shrugged as I finished the rest of the beer in her red cup. I didn't love the taste but I drank it anyway.
"Get me another cup?" I said as I smirked.

Bill's p.o.v.

I came to the party 40 or so minutes late, it took a while to convince my mother to let me go. As I entered the party I looked around for y/n and the others.

I heard a loud squeal and laugh of excitement and knew exactly who it was. Even though it sounded like y/n, it was unlike her to do. I made my way to the living room where I saw y/n dancing like a maniac with a red cup in her hands.

Oh god.

I walked over to her and grabbed her cup.

"Heyyyy!" She whined and tried to get it back. I smelled the beer in her cup and my heart sunk. "Y/n, y-you didn't." She quickly grabbed the cup out of my hands.
"What? Dance with me Billyyy!" She grabbed my hands but I pulled away.
"How m-many drinks have you had?" I asked, grabbing her shoulders as I turned concerned. "Like.. I dunno... 5ish? I lost count," She smiled. I grabbed her wrist as I pulled her down the hallway and out the front door.

"Where are we going?" She giggled.
"Home." I said sternly.
"To make out?" She winked.
"No, y/n! I'm t-taking you home so you c-can explain to your parents what y-you did!" I yelled as I pulled her down the street.

After a few minutes of dragging y/n home we made it to her house and I told her parents what had happened. They thanked me for taking her home and told me she'd be grounded for a couple weeks. That was fine by me though, I was so mad at y/n.

Why would she do that? She knows better! It's so bad for your health, especially at this age. My mind swirled with thoughts and emotions as I walked home. I got so frustrated I just wanted to cry. I let a tear or two escape before I snapped out of it.

I went to bed that night thinking about what could've happened at that party if y/n hadn't gotten drunk. It could've been one of the best nights ever. Having fun, dancing, kissing.
Oh, god the kissing.

I wanted to forget the night ever happened, but I wanted to see my girlfriend even more.

1573 words