"Only if we can find Sonic in time…" I mumbled looking down at my plate. It was still full with all the junk they piled on it. I felt my Mom grab my chin and turn my focus back to her.

"Shadow The Hedgehog, don't you ever let me hear you talk like that again. We will find Sonic and the twins. There is no 'if' about that. And once I tell your father about the twins, he will make sure whoever took them suffers." I shook my head.

"No. I don't want Dad to do that." She looked at me in confusion and was getting ready to say something before I stopped her. "Sonic is my husband and those are my children which means it's my job to make whoever took my family suffer." She smiled and gave me a kiss on my forehead. The tears finally slipped out of her eyes and down her cheeks as she gave me a hug.

"You're becoming a man, mijo. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you, Mami. Thank you."

After that very emotional moment with my Mom, Rouge came back in the room and told us that Sonic's parents were meeting us back at the house. I had to practically beg for her to stop at a burger place so I could get some real food instead of the food they gave me at the hospital, but of course her and my Mom teamed up and said that wasn't healthy for me. Well, neither was that dog food from the hospital! You know what? I don't even think that was edible for dogs. It's like they give you that crap to make sure you're in the hospital so they can add on to your bill.

When we pulled up to the house, there were maybe seven cars parked in front. Rouge pulled in the driveway and we all got out. It didn't feel right; going into the house without Sonic or knowing that he's not there. Tears welled up in my eyes when we walked up to the door. I remember when me and Sonic first bought the house. I insisted on carrying him over the threshold. We spent the whole day staying in and watching our favorite movies, only leaving our room to use the bathroom or to go to the kitchen to stack up on snacks.

I closed my eyes and forced the tears back where they came from. I've done enough crying these past few days. It's time to put emotions aside and focus on finding my family. Rouge opened the door and let me and my Mom walk through before closing it after she came in. I only saw Sonic's parents, Knuckles, Mileena, Tails, and Silver. The other guys must be in the basement. When the door shut Sonic's parents ran over to me and scooped me into a hug.

"Rouge told us you had a panic attack after you found out about Sonic. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, just a little tired is all." I pulled away from the hug and gave them a weak smile. Mrs. Aleena eyes were red and were holding unshed tears. Mr. Jules nose and cheeks were red.

"What did the police say?" His father asked.

"They said they were going to go over the security tapes at the pharmacy and see if they can get a clear picture of what happened." Rouge answered for me.

Of course we didn't actually call the cops. The less the cops are involved the better it is. I'm pretty sure you know that cops are the last thing I need to worry about. Besides, with all the people that me and Rouge know, we could find Sonic and the twins in half the time the cops could. Rouge told me earlier that she already was able to get the security tape from the pharmacy. We plan to go over it as soon as we can.

"Oh, Shadow, sweetie. You must feel terrible." Sonic's Mom pulled me into another one of her bone crushing hugs. For a small woman, she has a lot of strength. "Is there anything we could do? We'll be happy to stay here if you'd like."

"Thank you for offering, Mrs. Aleena, but I think I'll just take my medicine and try and get some rest."

"Of course. We'll come by in the morning and see how you're feeling." Sonic's father told me as he pulled me into a hug. Mrs. Aleena did the same and followed him out the door. I turned around to face my Mom.