Part 12

"No." she says in a bare whisper then she says in a stronger louder voice "NO!" 

"Madhu..." 

"We will marry today! NOW!" Madhu says as tears started following from her eyes.  

RK closes his eyes tired, he knew this was going to happen. "Not today. The day we had decided we will marry, Madhu." RK calmly tells her. 

"Are you mad? They will not let us marry. We have to marry now." Madhu says as she holds his hand crying. 

"I promised you the perfect wedding, Madhu. Like the one our parents would want and I need time for that." 

"No... I don't want to hear all that. Take me from here." Madhu says stubbornly. 

"We will marry, Madhu but not today." RK tells her as he gently cupped her face. 

"I will go with you anywhere, RK. Please take me with you."  

"Please understand, Madhu. I want to give you the perfect wedding." 

Madhu angrily pushes him away and asks furiously, "Why don't you understand RK? You just have to be the groom to make my wedding perfect?" 

RK looks at her in shock for a few moments then he pulls her towards him and hugs her tight, "Why don't you understand, Madhu? I want to give you the best of everything." 

"You are everything to me, RK. Please let's just go away from here." 

"We are not going to run away, Madhu. We haven't done anything wrong so we don't have to run away." 

"I can't live without you, RK." Madhu tells him in a pleading tone. 

"You are not going to lose me. We will marry just like we decided with or without our family." RK tells her and then as an afterthought he adds, "Our true family will be with us for our wedding, Madhu. Dadi and Bittuji."  

"That is enough for us, RK. I don't want a grand wedding. I just want to marry you." 

"Why should we compromise on our wedding just because Mukund and Dipali decided to go their separate ways?" RK asks her, "You have dreamed of this wedding since you were a small girl and I am not going to let anyone take that away from you. I just wanted to tell you that we will get married before that Dipali scared you. I'll take you home now, come." 

"NO! I am not going back!" 

"Madhu..." 

"Stop it, RK... I'll do whatever you ask me to but not this" Madhu pleads to him then she adds sadly "please Rishu." 

RK looks at her in shock and asks in a bare whisper, "What did you call me?" 

Madhu looks at him confused for a second then remembering she says with a hint of a sad smile, "I decided to call you Rishu from now on... I was going to tell you tonight but..." 

RK's eyes fills with tears as he informs her, "My parents used to call me that." 

Madhu looks at him in shock then cupping his face she leans up and rests her face on his. 

Feeling a tear on her cheek she looks up to see a tear roll down his face. Madhu kisses it and RK hugs her. "Marry me, Rishu." 

"I'll Madhu but not today." RK replies. "I want to give you everything so how can I let you throw away one of your biggest dreams, Madhu?" 

Madhu looks at his face helplessly, "I'll die without you." 

"We are going to live together, Madhu. With kids." RK tells her grinning. "Let me take you home now."