Part 15

Madhu was nervously sitting as the beautician made last minute touch ups on her. she had worn her Lilac color engagement dress and she knew RK would be wearing his beige color engagement sherwani.

"Are you done?" Leela asks as she walked in hurriedly.

"Almost."

"Bittu called from the temple. They are waiting for you." Leela tells Madhu as she smiled at Madhu looking at her lovingly. "You look so beautiful."

"Thank you." Madhu whispers as she nervously giggled.

"Can we remove her mehendi now?" Leela asks the beautician looking at Madhu's dried up mehendi. The first thing they did was put mehendi on her.

"It's dry but it won't be that dark." The beautician tells her.

Leela looks at Madhu sadly, "we should have had sangeet and mehendi ceremony."

Madhu gently smiles at her indicating it is fine while the beautician carefully starts removing the mehendi.

"Maa... Papa is getting worked up. Is Madhu ready?" Sunny asks as he stood at the door.

"Yes... yes... you get in the car... we are coming." Leela replies as she looked at herself in the mirror for a second.

"Looking pataka, Madhu." Sunny teases her making Madhu giggle all the more. Ever since they met, Sunny was behaving as if Madhu and he were chaddi buddies. And it was kind of very comforting too.

Sunny stops the car in front of the temple and Madhu nervously looks up at the steps leading towards the mundap. Sunny quickly gets out and runs to the other side of the car and gently helps Madhu out. By that time, Leela had also come out and she starts clearing out the creases on Madhu's dress.

"Ma'm, can we have some solo photos?" the cameraman asks Madhu as he hurries to her.

Madhu looks at him in panic as she wondered how to refuse him; she didn't want to waste her time on such silly things when Rishu was waiting for her.

"Make it quick." Leela tells him as she hurried up the stairs to go to the mandap. "Sunny, you bring Madhu."

Five minutes Madhu impatiently waited and posed for them as they had asked. Finally tired, she looks at Sunny for help.

"That's enough. Rest of the photos after the wedding." Sunny tells them.

"How about you two? Are you her brother?" the cameraman asks Sunny.

"Younger brother." Sunny confirms making Madhu gape at him in shock. "What? I might look old... I am definitely younger than you. Just finished my school." Sunny tells her as he pulled her close to him and posed for the camera.

After they took the photo, Sunny holds her hand and gently helps her climb the stairs while the videographer took the video.

"I never had a brother." Madhu whispers to him smiling happily.

"That is because we never met before." Sunny replies.

Madhu smiles, the moment she had left her family, she had found a new family in Bittuji's family and of course Rishu.

As Madhu reaches the top of the stairs, she stops in shock seeing the place decorated with flowers, balloons and ribbons.

"RK bhai wanted completely flowers but such short notice you can't get so much flowers so they made do with the rest." Sunny whispers to her.