Part 8

"Hello." Madhu excitedly says as she picked up the call. "What are you wearing?" RK asks in a husky voice. "Wearing? Nothing." Madhu says confused. "NOTHING?" RK asks shocked. "No... I meant nothing special... my normal clothes." Madhu says innocently. "You do know how to tease a man, Madhubala!" RK groans. "Tease?" "You are wearing your night shirt?" "Yes." "Just the night shirt?" "Obviously. It is a single piece shirt." Madhu says shaking her head. RK groans. "You know what I keep thinking?" "What?" "Instead of meeting you on the roof if I had come to your room then instead of the engagement and wedding preparations you would be shopping for your maternity dress." Madhu gasps out loudly finally realizing in what direction his thoughts were headed. Hearing her gasp he chuckles, "I can't stop thinking of you in your night shirt." "What? Don't think!" Madhu tells him as she blushed and got scared at the same time. "I can't control my thoughts. What color is your night shirt?" "Pink. Why?" "I was imagining a sexy red. Pink will do. But tomorrow a sexy red okay?" RK tells her. "Stop it! Don't talk." "You can do but I can't talk?" RK teases her. "I didn't do anything." "You are talking to me half naked!" "Hold on!" Madhu says and hurries to her cupboard to wear a pyjama. Madhu picks the phone again to hear him laughing. "Why are you laughing?" "What is the use in wearing your bottoms now when the deed is already done?" RK asks her. "Stop it! I am dressed properly." "You can be covered from head to toe, Madhu but in my mind you are still in your night shirts. You know what? If I feel like it I might get you out of it too." "Don't you dare!" Madhu warns as she blushed profusely as heat spread all over her body. "I just did, sweetheart!" Madhu gasps loudly. "Any birthmarks, moles, marks that I should be aware of to make my imagination perfect?" RK asks in a sexy voice. "Nothing!" Madhu says in a defensive tone. "So there is. Hmmm can't wait to find it." "Do you want to give me any clue?" RK asks. "No!" "A place you are too shy to mention. I like it!" "I will hang up now!" "Ah! I think it is the same place I am thinking!" RK guesses. When Madhu remains silent he says, "Tell me if it is on the left or right one." Madhu shrieks and cuts the call.

The next day, Madhu was busy preparing for Balraj's birthday party. It was going to be a small affair with just immediate family and friends. After finishing all her works, Madhu goes to get dressed. Dadi had got her a new lehenga for the function. She wears her lavender lehenga and comes down excitedly to wait for RK and his family. Lucky for her Balraj had waiters to serve the food to keep up appearances, so she was going to be free during the function. She loitered around the entrance so she could see RK when he entered. She blushes thinking about what he had said the previous day. She wondered how she will face him after that. "They are here!" Dipali excitedly says as she hurried to receive Mukund and his family. Madhu follows her and finds RK walking in behind them talking to Bittuji. He was wearing a very smart chocolate brown shirt and blue jeans. The moment he steps inside he looks around for her and seeing her shyly smiling at him he smiles at her. Then he winks at her making her blushing. Chuckling he walks towards Balraj to wish him.

After they celebrated Balraj's birthday Madhu's and RK's family with the pundit had retired to the study to fix the engagement and wedding date. The engagement date for both the couples were fixed for two weeks later while RK and Madhu would be married a month later and Mukund and Dipali a week after that. When both the families had approved the date they had come back to the party to announce it to everyone. After the engagement and wedding announcements were made people were busy talking and dancing. Madhu watches RK as he stood away with Bittuji talking. They didn't get a chance to talk. Either of them was always busy with someone else. She looks for him and sees him going out to the room away from the party. She follows him to the corridor and sees him standing near the railing looking out into the street. Hearing her anklets he turns his head to the right an inch and she could see he was smiling. "What are you doing here?" Madhu asks him. "Waiting for you." RK tells her as he turned to look at her. Madhu blushes as she walked near him and stood next to him holding the railing. RK turns back to face the street again as they stood in silence.