Part 1

RK was pissed! He had a lot of work to do and in between all of that Mukund and his tantrum. He angrily walked into the cafe and looked around. As usual he was late. How predictable! Mukund loves to come fashionably late. Knowing that RK had come 55 mins later than the time Mukund had told him. A few mins later Mukund walks in with a lady. RK starts wondering where he had seen her. She looked so familiar. She was talking to Mukund as they walked to the table. There was an elegance in her gestures and the way she walked.

"RK, this is Dipali and Dipali this is RK." Mukund introduces them as he pulled out a chair for himself and sat. Then he turns to see that Dipali is still standing looking at him. "Why are you standing? Sit." Mukund orders. RK shakes his head at Mukund. When it came to manners, Mukund and a donkey were a like; neither even knew the meaning of it. Getting up, RK pulls out a chair for Dipali and she gives him an appreciative very lady like smile and sits down. The moment she smiled he knew where he had seen her. Some advertisement. Was it forpaints? or some pen? Now RK understood, this was the model girlfriend Mukund has been going on and on about. "We are going to get married." Mukund said, "but then the problem is she has a sister... what's her name? whatever the name it is not important... the thing is only after her sister gets married will her dadi will allow her to get married. So then I decided you'll marry her sister, but then Dipali wanted to see you before she introduced you to her dadi. That is why I told you to come here." Mukund explains. RK was shocked out of his wits. Marriage? Who was he to decide who I marry? "So once Dipali approves of you, Dad said we will go to her house tomorrow so you can meet her dadi."Mukund informs him. "Chachu knows?" RK asks shocked. "Yeah, i told him in the morning." How can they decide something so big like this without talking to him? Now that Chachu has given his word to Mukund, I should respect that. RK decides. "What do you think?" Mukund asks and for a moment RK was shocked that Mukund was asking his opinion then realized that the question was directed at Dipali and not him. Then, Dipali opened her mouth and all of RK's impression of her's went down the drain. "He will do. That old cow is going to drool over him!" Dipali approves. "Old cow?" RK asks shocked and confused. "My dadi! The only reason we tolerate her is because of the properties. Always blackmailing Dad with the properties. If it was not for the properties Dad would have kicked her out ages ago along with her darling granddaughter." Dipali says with disgust. RK was left shocked with her talks, and then another thought struck him why would her father throw out his own daughter?

RK walks into his house when he heard his chachi call his name excitedly "I heard you met my daughter-in-law. How was she?" RK looks at her and it was one of the few times she has talked to him properly without spitting venom at him. "She is very beautiful right?" Meera asks him. RK thought about Dipali and decided to be honest with his chachi as it was the matter of Mukund's whole life "To tell you the truth chachi, I don't think she is the perfect girl for Mukund." Her face turned red with anger, "You are just jealous of Mukund. He is marrying a model and you are not happy because you are never going to get a model wife. You never want anything good to happen to him. Get out of my sight." Meera says angrily. RK learned a long time ago not to justify his reasons because that led to more accusations and anger, and he hated being the reason for their unhappiness. He was about to go to his room when Mohan's words reached him. "Be ready tomorrow morning. We have to reach there at 10." "Okay." RK replies and walks to his room a little hurt neither his chachu nor his chachi had formally informed him about the proposal or asked his opinion, they just expected him to follow suit. He was further hurt when he heard chachi fussing over Mukund asking him whether he had dinner.

Madhu was feeling apprehensive, tomorrow a new guy was coming to see her. This was not the first proposal for her, before this also she got many proposals. Papa had brought many proposals for her but none were good. Either they didn't have education or job or money or he would be a drunkard. And lucky for her, her dadi had rejected all the proposals and the ones dadi managed to bring Papa rejected siting many reasons. This time, she was in a catch 22 situation, if dadi rejects the proposal then Dipali, Papa and Mama would never forgive her and blame her for it. And if dadi approves then she will have to marry him no matter whether she likes him or not. She sadly thought, she had no choice in her marriage matter. She prayed to God, that whoever is the chosen one for her, he should love her and accept her for what she is. And then she prayed harder that she be worthy of him.

Next morning 

RK was waiting for everyone at the hall when one by one all of them walked in. "Let's go." Mohan says as he started walking to the door. "Chachu, Bittuji hasn't reached yet." RK informs him. "So?" Mohan asks him. "I want him to be with me for this." RK replies. "He is just a driver! We don't have to wait for him." Mukund orders. RK looks at Mukund and says in a stern tone "He is not a driver. He is a part of my family." "We can't wait for him. First time, we are going to Mukund's sasural and we can't be late."Meera tells him. RK looks at her in the eyes and asks calmly "Mukund's sasural?" Meera looks down a little shaken, it was going to be RK's sasural too. Seeing all this Mohan says "We are not going to wait for him." "No, you don't have to. You guys carry on, we will join you. Just give me the address." RK replies. Mohan knew there was no use arguing, as RK was in one of his rare stubborn modes, he would stand his ground till Bittu reached. It is better for just RK to be late than all of them. "Fine!" Mohan consents.

After they leave, RK calls up Bittuji "Hello Bittuji.. Where are you? We are getting late... Please come soon." Few minutes later Bittuji reached and they start for Dipali's house. RK was driving while he waited for Bittuji to say something. Finally, he asked "What happened Bittuji? Are you still angry? Is that why you were late today?" "Chief, you know this is not right. This is not the way to get married. For Mukund to marry, you are getting married. This is your life." Bittuji argues. "I haven't decided whether I am going to marry this girl or not." RK tells him. This girl??? "What is her name, Chief?" Bittuji asks suspiciously. "We will find out once we reach there." RK replies with a shrug and a smile. "If your Papa was alive, this wouldn't have happened. He would have brought the sky down for your wedding." Bittuji says sadly. RK just smiles to that. "How is this Dipali?" Bittuji asks. When RK doesn't reply to that, Bittuji understands that RK's impression of her is not that great. He exhales loudly. "If she is like that, how will her elder sister be?" "Actually, I was thinking about her last night. The way Dipali was talking about her and her attitude and her father's towards this girl, I feel her situation is something like..." RK just shrugs not finishing what he was going to say. But Bittuji and he knew what he was going to say something like mine. "Have faith in God, Bittuji. He will give me what is best for me." RK reassures him a he pulled up in front of Dipali's house. "If there was a God, then my chief's son wouldn't be treated like this." Bittuji says angrily. RK shakes his head at Bittuji for his attitude but it still warmed his heart that after so many years Bittuji was still loyal to the real Chief, his father.

RK and Bittuji walks in and sees everyone sitting and laughing. Seeing RK, Mohan tells Balraj "RK is also here." Balraj welcomes him and introduces himself and his family. His wife Sheela, his mother and then Dipali. RK politely smiles and introduces Bittuji. "What do you do, beta?" Dadi asks him with a smile. RK looks at her and immediately liked her, she seemed sweet and a total dadi like. "I am MD at our business. You know about our family business right?" RK politely asks her. Dadi nodes her head and asks "What did you study?" "MBA." RK replies. "Drinking and smoking?" Dadi asks, "I smoke once in a while." RK replies truthfully. "Very bad habit." Dadi tells him, "Once in a blue moon. Trying to stop that too." RK tells her with a smile. Dadi broadly smiles, "Okay, I approve." So it is fixed?" Balraj asks happily. "But.. we didn't see the girl." Bittuji gently says before anyone could say anything. "Oh yes! She is bringing tea." Balraj says quickly while Mohan, Meera and Mukund angrily looks at Bittuji for his interference. "MADHUBALAAA!" Balraj screams out for her. RK looks at Bittuji and winks, now we know the name. "Dipali, go and help Madhu bring the tea." Dadi orders. "There is only what Madhubala can bring." Sheela interjects and continues talking to Meera to avoid further conversations. "My Madhu is one in a million." Dadi informs RK. "My Dipali is one in a billion." Sheela tells Meera. Hearing that RK just couldn't hold his chuckle in, gaining everyone's attention and anger.

RK hears the sound of the anklets and looks up to see a girl walking with a heavy tray filled with cups and snacks. She was walking slowly as the tray was a little too heavy for her. Unlike Dipali, she was not so made up. She wore a simple but elegant salwar and no jeweleries just some artificial jeweleries. He watched Dipali and her mother to see if they were going to help her but they looked at her and all Sheela said before going back to her conversation with Chachi was "Bring fast, Madhubala. They have been waiting for a long time." Madhubala starts a little fast though cautiously. RK quickly gets up and walks towards her. "I'll take it from you." he tells her and puts his hands on the tray to take it from her when his fingers slightly touched hers. Then she looked up and his breath got caught in his throat. She was not definitely the most beautiful girl he had seen in his life but came very close to it.Her eyes were beautiful, you could get lost in it. But what drew him to her eyes was the loneliness and pain that was so identical to his.  

Please do vote and comment 

- Lazy