"Hello Cap." Mrs. Gilbert asked me.  

"Yes ma'am." I said to her. I guess I zoned out. 

"I said are you working with Brantley today?" Mrs. Gilbert asked me. 

"Oh yes ma'am. Sorry about that I was thinkin of my mama. Won't happen again ma'am." I told her. Mrs. Gilbert gave me a small smile on her face. 

"It's okay dear. I still think of my mama and she has been gone for 20 years now." Mrs. Gilbert told me. I looked down at her. I can see where Ms. Lyddy get's her height from. Her and her mama are almost the same height. 

"I'm sorry Mrs. Gilbert. I bet she was a real good lady." I said to her. Mrs. Gilbert picked up another piece of clothing, so she can hang them on the clothing line. 

"She was. She taught me how to cook, how to keep a house, and she gave me my big mouth to use on my husband." Mrs. Gilbert said to me. 

"Knowing you Mrs. Gilbert, I've see your mama then. She would be very proud of you and your family." I told her. Mrs. Gilbert smiled at me. 

"Thank you Cap. How was your mama? If you don't mind me asking." Mrs. Gilbert asked me. I smiled at her. Mind. Not at all. I've only loved one woman in my life and that's my mama. She was the best. 

"She was a tough woman. She had too. Best cook. Loved going to church and loved her family. Too much it killed her." I told Mrs. Gilbert. Mrs. Gilbert patted my arm. 

"My father shot my mama. Then after he killed her he walked out to the barn and hung himself. I was only 16 when both my parents died. If you ever want to talk about your mama I'm here." Mrs. Gilbert said to me. I looked down at her. 

"I'm sorry you father did that to your mama." I said to her. Mrs. Gilbert smiled at me and went back to hanging her clothing. 

"Don't be. I've made my pace with it. Plus all I have to do is look at my Lydia and all I can see is my mama. Here." Mrs. Gilbert said to me handing me a locket. I opened it and there was 2 pictures. A man on one side. He looked mean. Long white and black beard. Tall. Eyes looked like you was staring at the devil himself. I looked at the woman and it was Lyddy. 

"Is this Ms. Lyddy." I asked Mrs. Gilbert. She laughed. 

"No. That's my parents. Lydia and my mama look alike I think it's funny and scaring at the same time. And now more since she has my mama body." Mrs. Gilbert said to me. I took one more look at the pictures. 

"You are blessed to have a picture of your mama. I can only see my mama in my dreams." I told her. Mrs. Gilbert smiled at me. 

"I'm sorry Cap, but hold on them memories. The closest thing to a grandparents my children had was Mr. and Mrs. Cobb. Brantley's mama passed on when he was in the war. My father killed my mama and you don't have your own family but maybe one day you could have that and more." Mrs. Gilbert said to me. I knew what she was talking about. I just don't think it would be that easy for someone like me. 

"Thank you Mrs. Gilbert. I better get to work." I told her. Mrs. Gilbert wiped her eyes. 

"Yes. I'm sorry. I try to keep my crying down so Brantley don't see. I love him and my family, it's just a girl always needs her mama." Mrs. Gilbert said to me. I smiled at her. 

"I won't say nothin. Plus little boys need there ma's too." I said to her walking over to the barn where I saw Mr. Gilbert walking into. I was almost to the barn when I heard the front door opening up and saw all of the Gilbert boys running over to me. I saw Ms. Lyddy walking over to her mama. She was wearing a blue dress with a white blouse on. She looked breath takin.