Chapter 54

I felt the throbbing of my head first before I opened my eyes. Confusion got through me when I stared at unfamiliar ceiling. Then I heared a waves crashing from the outside.

Where am I?

Then I remembered everything that happened. I lost consciousness in Joshua's arms. Sigurado ako na may inilagay sya sa milkshake na ibinigay nya sa akin na sinadya kong inumin.

I quickly checked if I'm still wearing the earrings and the necklace that Loki gave me. Nakahinga ako nang maluwag nang makapa iyon sa katawan ko.

Good. Alam nila kung nasaan ako. But where am I anyway?

Narinig ko ulit ang paghampas ng alon sa labas. I felt the whole room is slowly rocking. The interior looked classy and I got an idea when I am.

I'm in a yacht.

Sinubukan kong bumangon at umupo na lang sa kama. I looked around but stopped when I noticed that I am not alone. Joshua is sitting on a chair at the far end of the room. Nakatingin sya sa akin. Alam nya na kanina pa ako gising.

"Where am I?" tanong ko at iginala ang paningin. Sa gilid ay nakita ko ang bintanang salamin. I'm right. I'm in a yacht and we're probably in the middle of the sea base on the lights that seem so far away.

I heard Joshua sighed before he stood up and walked towards me. Instinct took over me and I scooted away from him like protecting myself when he sat at the end of the bed. Nakita ko ang sakit sa mga mata nya dahil sa ginawa ko.

"You know I will never hurt you, Artemis." he said but I looked at him angrily.

"You drugged me, Joshua." nanginginig ang mga labing sabi ko. I couldn't believe it. There's still a hope in me that he's still the same Joshua that I loved but he did this to me. "You took me here without my consent! You kidnapped me!"

Oh, I am being ironic! Hunter did this to me before. He basically kidnapped me since he didn't tell me about his plan that he'll take me to Palawan. And heck, my brothers were his accomplices!

Hunter... I wonder if you'll get angry with me after this?

I am feeling scared. The thought that Joshua drugged me means that he is not whom I thought what he would be. And I am getting scared that he will do something bad to me.

He is not the same Joshua that I used to know.

"I have no choice." he said and I can hear regret in his voice. "I had to take you here."

"You have every damn choice, Joshua!" nagagalit na sabi ko sa kanya. "You can choose not to take me here! You can choose not to kill Gray! But look at what you've done!"

"Kung hindi kita dinala dito, Artemis, mas mapapahamak ka." mahina pero mariin ang pagkakasabi nya.

I looked at him, bewildered. "You think that I'll be safer if I'm with you than Hunter? The heck, Joshua! Now I feel so scared thinking that you might do something to me!"

And that's the truth. Loki made it clear to me that Kenji, the Rook and also Joshua's brother took an interest to me. Siguro ay nalaman nyang ako ang girlfriend ni Hunter so now, he'll use me against him. What Joshua's saying is a complete nonsense.

Hindi ako nandito para maging ligtas. I am here as a bait.

"Ano ba yung maingay na naririnig ko?"

I noticed Joshua's body became rigid bago ako napalingon sa pinto ng kwarto nang magbukas iyon. And there, I saw a man with a choppy blonde hair. But what I've noticed the most is his eyes that was just the same with Joshua.