Chapter 2

It was fun having Daphne by my side. We became bestfriends. Although, our personalities were different to each other, we still clicked. She's Miss Prim and Proper while I'm maarte and not really into studies. But hey, I'm still trying my best to learn.

I had never imagined that I will have a person whom I will treasure so much as a friend. With the overprotective Apollo by my side, akala ko ay hindi na ako magkakaroon ng kaibigan. Ilang beses na rin kaming nakita ng kakambal ko na magkasama ni Daphne, he even asked about her one time, but he never tried to push Daphne away from me. I guess he saw that she's different from those girls who used me back then.

I also did my best to became a perfect friend for Daphne. She's so important to me. Kahit na tahimik sya minsan, always reading her books, I tried my best so that our world will be connected. I want her to know that she's a part of my life now. And I want to be a part of her life too.

Gusto ko our friendship will work out this time. There's so many people out there who only befriended me just to use me for their own gain. Pero iba si Daphne. She never tried so hard to impress me. She's so natural. And that's what I like about her.

But looks like Daphne has secrets that she doesn't want to tell me.

"What's that thing on your cheek?" I asked when she was busy doing her assignment her in the library and I was just staring to nothingness. Napansin ko ang parang color violet thing sa cheek nya when I looked at her. It wasn't noticeable at first glanced. Kailangan pang titigan para makita ang kung anong violet thing doon.

Mabilis syang napahawak sa pisngi nya. She tried to hide it with her hand but since I asked, she knows that it's futile. Kaya nga ako nagtanong ay dahil nakita ko na. Binaba nya na lang ang kamay nya and continued doing her assignment.

"It's nothing." she answered.

"It doesn't look like nothing, though. Did someone slapped you?" my voice suddenly raised by that question. She looks around, siguro ay bothered sya na baka may naistorbo kami dahil sa biglaan kong pagtataas ng boses. But the heck I care about them. I wanted to slap ten times the bitch who made her beautiful face that way.

"No. Hindi." umiling iling pa sya. "I just... tripped." yumuko na ulit sya at binalingan ang assignment.

She's clearly avoiding the topic. Ayaw nyang magtanong ako tungkol sa violet thing na nsa pisngi nya. But I'm not dumb. Hindi ako naniniwala sa sinabi nya. Someone had definitely slapped her.

I wanted to cry. She doesn't want to talk to me about that. Alam kong problem nya iyon at siguro ay pinagtatakpan nya ang taong gumawa noon sa kanya. But... I am her friend, right? Hindi lang naman ako ang may gusto ng friendship na 'to, right? Kahit na ako ang lumapit at nag offer sa kanya ng pakikipag kaibigan.

I just sighed and didn't push the topic. Fine. Maybe she has reasons why she doesn't want me know about it. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable around me. So I'll just pretend that I believe her lies.

"Basta, Daphne... Know that I'm always here for you, okay?" I said na lang.

She looked at me and smiled, a sad smile, before she nodded her head.

"Thank you, Artemis."

I was busy walking towards the parking lot. The classes already ended and I want to go home na. I am so sleepy. Napuyat kasi ako kakagawa ng assignment kagabi.

I halted on my steps when a guy tried to block my way. I raised an eyebrow, completely annoyed by this stranger who stopped me.

Napatigil ako nang makita ang mukha nya. He has gray hair that's obviously because of a colored wax. His hair is parted on the side, making him look like a korean idol. A pointed nose, brown eyes and a pinkish lips that matched his fair complexion. His face is too soft compared to Apollo. But he still looks good anyway.