Chapter 50

I looked at Hunter and it seems to me that his world just stopped because of what Creed had said. My tears fell and I became numb as I stare at him. I covered my mouth to stop my sobs that wanted to scape from my lips.

This is what I'm afraid about. I knew it. May kapalit ang mga panahong naging masaya ako.

At habang nakatingin ako kay Hunter, nakita ko kung paanong unti-unting namatay ang ilaw sa mga mata nya.

"Bawiin mo ang sinabi mo." his voice was so low but we could still hear how mad he is. Nanginginig ang mga kamay nyang mahigpit na nakahawak sa collar ng shirt ni Creed. "Bawiin mo ang sinabi mo!"

I covered my mouth with both of my hands this time. I was having a difficult time breathing while looking at Hunter. He looked so wrecked. Hindi ko kayang makita sya na ganito. He was okay these past few days pero nabawi ang lahat ng iyon sa pangyayaring ito.

Vander tried to pull Hunter away from Creed. "Stop it. He's injured."

Saka ko lang napansin ang braso nyang dumudugo. There's a cloth tied on his arm yet it didn't stopped the blood. Creed looked so pale but he didn't do anything to removed Hunter's grip on his shirt. He was just staring at him with eyes full of remorse and sorrow.

"Sir Creed..." narinig ko ang paghikbi ni Fatima sa tabi ko. Siguro ay nag aalala sa sugat ng asawa.

"Let him be, Vander." mahinang sabi ni Creed. Vander looked at Hunter then back at Creed again before he finally let go of Hunter's arms.

"Where's my brother, Creed?" Hunter's voice was soft this time. Mas lalo akong napaluha. "Please, tell me where my brother is."

"Gray is dead—" Lucius answered but Hunter shouted at him.

"Stop giving me that bullshit answer! Sabihin nyo sa akin kung nasaan ang kapatid ko!"

"Patay na nga sya!" Lucius shouted back at him. "He is dead, Hunter! Your brother is dead! He sacrificed himself so the rest can get out of that fucking building!"

"Stop, Lucius." mahinang saway ni Creed pero nagpatuloy si Lucius sa pagsasalita.

"We all saw how the enemies shoot him so many times like a fucking guinea pig! It was a trap for Gray! He was the target! We fell into the enemies trap!"

"I said stop, you motherfucker!" sigaw na ni Creed at tsaka lang tumigil si Lucius. But I guess that wasn't the real reason why he stopped.

It was because of Hunter.

His eyes were bloodshot while trying to stop his tears from falling. He looked so livid. Nakakuyom ang mga kamao nya na parang handang suntukin si Lucius anumang oras.

But he's so wrecked to do that.

May narinig akong humagulgol. It was Violet. She covered her face with her hands as she cry her heart's out. There's a dirt all over her body and I noticed that the rest were like that too.

"Where's the body?" Hunter asked. I sobbed when I heard the pain in his voice. "Nasaan ang katawan ng kapatid ko kung ganoon?"

I noticed L's movements when he fished something out of his pockets. He gave it to Hunter and I saw his hands where shaking when he accepted it. He opened it and I realized that it's Gray's wallet, together with his tracker that Hunter gave him before they went out of this mission. The sides of the wallet were burnt.

"We barely got out when the bomb exploded." Violet said between her sobs. "Gray was still inside."

"There's too many burnt bodies on the scene. The Red Faction's Pawns were willing to sacrifice themselves just for this mission. Then we got that wallet and tracker from one of the bodies. The body matched the gunshot wounds that Gray got from the enemies." L said.