Chapter 49

I noticed the heavy atmosphere when I went to the kitchen. All the members of EL Ordre were there like they're having their meeting. I was about to go back to my room when Hunter saw me and tapped the space beside him like he's telling me to sit there, which I did.

"Good morning." he whispered as he pulled me and kissed my temple.

His laptop was in his lap and I caught a glimpse of some complicated numbers and letters like codes on the screen. Iniiwas ko agad ang paningin ko doon dahil wala rin naman akong maintindihan. Plus, it feels like I am invading their privacy since I didn't have Hunter's permission to look at the laptop.

"What do you mean that the Knight is dead?"

I looked at Death when he asked that. He's looking at L who's eyes were on his laptop. He lifted his gaze to Death and heaved a lazy sigh. Iniharap nya ang laptop sa amin.

"The Red Faction's Knight is already dead years ago as stated in here." tamad na tamad na sabi ni L.

"Mas nauna pa syang namatay doon sa Liam Ortega na 'yon? Yung rook na pinatay ni Vexen?" Creed asked while staring hard at the information on the laptop.

"How is that possible? I thought the game started when V clashed with the rook?" it was Death who asked that again and Gray shook his head.

"No. The game has begun when our parents were killed."

"Eh, sinong pumatay sa Knight?"

Walang nakasagot sa tanong na iyon ni Creed. It's like nobody didn't know the answer or refused to say the answer. Pare-pareho ang expression ng mga mukha nila. Gloomy and dark.

This is just a normal sight every morning. Naaabutan ko silang kumpleto dito sa living room at nag uusap-usap. If not, they are helping Hunter and L tracked the location of the Rook.

L took his laptop again and his fingers worked on the keyboard. His eyebrows furrowed as he stared on the screen.

"I think I found the Rook." he said and I noticed that Hunter and Gray frozed by his words.

"You think?" Vander asked at nakisilip sa laptop ni L.

"Yeah..." he looked at Hunter. "See for yourself, Tracer."

Hunter tapped on his keyboard and after awhile, I saw a map with a red dot in the middle. The red dot is blinking and I noticed that it is the map of Rizal Province.

Lumapit na rin si Gray sa amin at nakisilip sa laptop ng kapatid nya. Their faces were serious as they stared at the blinking red dot on the screen.

"What do you think?" L asked and Hunter looked at him.

"Why do you sound so uncertain? Ikaw ang nakahanap. You found him again just like before."

L's jet black eyes stared at Hunter before he looked at his laptop. He remained staring at the screen like he's thinking deep hard about something. Nakatingin kaming lahat sa kanya at hinihintay lang ang sasabihin nya.

"It just feels so easy. I thought that years will pass again before I find him."

"What's so bad about that?" Violet asked. Lumipat sya ng upuan doon sa armrest ng kinauupuang sofa ni Gray. "You should be glad that you found him again."

"I don't think you understand my point." L said and looked at Violet with so much intensity in his eyes. "I first found the Rook's location years ago. But he's quick. Their tracker is quick. Wala na sya sa location bago pa kami dumating ni Tracer. Taon ang binilang bago ko ulit nahanap ang Rook but we retreated since V had an emergency. I found his location twice. Hindi ba dapat mas mag iingat na ang tracker nila?"