Chapter 1 - His Death

| Author's Note | ♥

Here I am once again. Writing this chapter just tore off my heart. This is just so heartbreaking.

Anyways, I hope that all of you will get to support this book too, like what all of you did to my Combined Hearts Nalu fanfiction.

Arigatou, minna. Please enjoy this chapter and may the feels be ever in your favor.

I don't belong Fairy Tail, Sensei Hiro Mashima owns it. The only thing that belongs to me is the plot, nothing more.

If and only if having the same plot to anyone else is just a mere coincidence.

x

Chapter 1 - His Death ♡

[ Lucy Heartfilia's POV ]

Tears won't stop falling from my eyes as I stared deeply on to my beloved dead boyfriend's resting bed,-- his coffin. It's been 2 days since we went to a S-class job, since he died protecting me from the dragon and the last time I could hear his voice before he get to close his eyes. It's still fresh in my mind, I can still recall every details from that day-- the same day when I lose him.

And my mind couldn't accept the fact that he's gone now, that I lose someone who was always making me smile not like the others especially when I'm feeling down, that I lose someone who could be my bestfriend, a lover, a bodyguard and a brother at the same time and most especially... is that I lose a part of me in my life..

"N-Natsu.."

You don't know how depressed I am right now. You don't know how many times I've been thinking of you. That there are times I can't sleep knowing the fact that fact no one would knock on my window in the middle of the night or early in the morning just to convince me to go on a job with him. Thinking about it made me feel so helpless, hopeless... How can I live now when the only person who completed me... left me alone, like what my dad and my mom did to me.

I was driven off from my thoughts when my best friend, Levy, sat beside me and gently pulled my head on to her shoulder, "I'm sure that he's looking out for you right now, Lu-chan.. And I'm sure that Natsu doesn't want to see you like that, either." She whispered softly on to my ear, making soft and comforting circles around my back. It only made me feel worse as she mentioned out his name, a sob escaped from my mouth.

She was right.. Natsu doesn't want to see me like this. I even remembered him scolding me for being sad because I misplaced my favourite book at that time. He placed his hands on his hips and was like, "It's just a book, Lucy! You shouldn't waste your tears for something like that. I don't want to see my blondie shredding her tears anyways." Oh, his voice. His smile. His eyes. Everything about him... is just so perfect.

And based on his expression from that memory, he looked like he was upset to see me like that. When I'm sad, he's sad, also. My pinkette only wants to see me happy as always. But... That seems so impossible right now. Really impossible.

I lifted my head so that I would be able to look at the blunette beside me, trying to maintain my voice. "I know that, Levy-chan. It's just that... I find no reason to live right now. Especially that he died for me."

"I should be the one who died instead of him..."

He got nothing to lose if I died. I mean... he still have Happy and the whole guild for me. Not like me... Who got nothing left except for him.