Chapter 12 - The Dragon's Soul

[ Natsu Dragneel's POV ]

Here am I, doing nothing at all for 2 straight days and still relying on Happy and Levy's help. For 2 days, they still haven't found anything necessary for my situation at all. And since that I am just a doll right now, I have nothing to do but to wait for something good to happen. Am I really hopeless with this plushie body?

My eyes moved on its own, staring at the door as I heard it clicked. The door flew open and there where I saw Lucy with her unusual poker face again. She looked like she didn't know how to smile anymore. And I barely see her smile which is so very not-so-Lucy like. Ugh, I miss her sweet smile then. I hope that eveything will be back to normal, especially for you Luce.

I quirked an eyebrow at her as she took her pink backpack from the closet and filled it with stuffs which she usually bring whenever we're going on a job together. Oh! Don't tell me that she's going to one now! Then that's good, really. At least Lucy doesn't have to sulk in a corner.

Mhmm. What if I get my scarf and put it here on top of her bed with me? Maybe just maybe she will take it with her, then? I only wanted her to remember me whenever she see this scarf. I wanted her to feel that I will always be here for her if ever she took the scarf with her.

While she went to get a shower, I carefully jumped on to the floor and took her scarf from where she hid it, inside her closet as well, trying to do my best not to cause any unwanted noise so that Lucy won't find out about me.

And just on time. I already went back to the bed with my scarf with me as Lucy went back from the bathroom. She grabbed my backpack with her and was about to leave until her eyes spotted the scarf, making her stare at it for seconds. It seemed that my scarf tend to bring her deep in her thoughts, probably thinking about me.

"Are you all fired up now, Natsu?"

I am always fired up, Luce.

"Because I already am."

That's good to hear from you. Then I don't have to worry that much to my blondie, eh?

"The job is interesting, you know?"

Everything is interesting for me when I am with you.

"I wish you were here."

I wish for that, too.

And just as I expected, Lucy took the scarf and wrapped it around her neck before leaving her apartment.

Be safe, Luce.

An hour after she left, someone knocked on to the window and just as I expected too, Happy and Levy was here. They went in through the window as usual and looked at me frustratingly. "We've got trouble, Natsu!"

They told me what happened earlier at the library. Seeing Lucy with Gray and almost spilling the beans to them about my situation. I don't actually mind if they accidentally spilled the beans but about that Ice princess trying to steal my blondie from me? Well, that's a no no. I won't let that happen as well! If I don't like Sting, then, I don't like Gray even more!!

Lucy is mine, even if I am dead. She is still mine. Yes, is, not was.

The both of them freaked out as soon as they saw my plushie hands burning with fire. Of course, not wanting Lucy's apartment to burn away while she's gone, they brought me to the bathroom and threw me at her bathtub filled with cold water. Luckily that this plushie didn't get burned or not, I am really screwed up. "I swear, I will beat the hell out of that Ice Princess as soon as I'm back to my original state!"