Chapter 8 - No, I'm not letting that.

[ Natsu Dragneel's POV ]

W-what!? He's gonna...court Lucy and make her forget about me!? This is not right, no! I don't want that to happen. I only want Lucy to be mine, no one else. It might be a selfish of me to say that but yeah, I'm still not letting that happen. Not sting, he's like a rival to me ever since the grand magic games. I don't him to be my rivalry in love.

My eyes both focused from Sting to Lucy. Even though I'm just on my temporary body, I could still feel the tension between the both of them and I believed that Lucy's the one who's creating that. A part of me was glad to know that Lucy doesn't even want that to happen. She was having a hard time thinking about it. The both of them just stared to each other and said nothing more. No one of them even dared on speaking first. I don't know but all what I'm hoping right now is for her to turn him down. You're mine, Lucy. You belong to me.

[ Lucy Heartfilia's POV ]

I thought that it's only just a silly dream. I thought that I just misheard him. I thought that Sting's only joking. I thought that.... Natsu's the only one who loves me..

Sure, Sting might have sent me something last Valentine's Day and even talked to me more often whenever he's around or visiting the guild but... I wasn't expecting him to be secretly in love with me. To me, he's only just a little brother and a good friend---- Nothing more and nothing less. I don't want that relationship to be ruined by his silly and maybe unclear feelings.

Yes, we're both blonde. We both belonged to a guild. We're both mages. But the problem is that... He's powerful, while I'm not. He's rich while I'm taking a lot of jobs just to pay for my rent. He's popular with everyone, especially for the girls, while I didn't even get to be the cover of the sorcerer magazine just for once. He's a guildmaster, not like me who's only a member of a guild. He clearly deserves someone who's better and close to perfection than me.

And I don't want him to think that he's just some sort of a rebound to me especially that everyone knows that I still can't get over Natsu's death..

As I get back on to my senses, I said, "Y-you must be messing up with me, Sting!"

But his expression remained unpredictable, making me think that he's really serious in this. "Is there a reason for me to do that? What will I get if I do that?"

"S-stop this, Sting.."

"But I am telling the truth, Lucy. Trust me---"

"Don't you understand? I am still in love with him!" I cut him off just as before he said somethint really serious. As I said that, I can't help myself but to look away from him--- it's just that I don't want him to see my tears right now. "And I don't think that no one will ever replace him, no one will be able to replace his love..."

"I know that.." His tone was still serious. I could even imagine how hurt and rejected he was right now. We both remained quiet, both didn't know what to say to break the tension around us. What should I do? Should I... Turn around and leave him hanging here? Should I.. Laugh and pretend that nothing ever happened right now? Or should I... Give him an intsy bitsy chance?

No... Are you insane, Lucy!? You're never gonna replace him with Sting or somebody else 'cause... You promised each other to keep on loving until the end and... This is not yet the end.

"Don't I have a chance?" Finally, he spoke once again. But this time, he asked a very serious queation. Don't he have a chance? Chances... You just don't everyone it, but to those who are only deserve of it. Is Sting deserve for another chance?