Chapter 20: A Natual

Hiya! This is the song what would be playing at the concert. There is a better version that the strumbella's did but that song wasn't on Youtube, instead, enjoy the classic version. 

DarlaH

"I was surprised that your parents actually let you go to the concert on a Thursday night," Cami said as I got into her car the next night.

I smiled slyly at her. "That's because they think I'm studying with you tonight," I said as I applied some red lipstick to my lips that I had in my purse.

"Oh El, you pulled that move right out of Paulo's book, didn't you?" Cami chuckled as she backed out of the driveway.

I smiled. She wasn't wrong. "I did."

Cami smiled at me as she sped off to the concert. There were a few minutes of silence as I applied last-minute touch-ups to my makeup. "So, is Jaimie still single?" she asked, making conversation.

I would always find Cami's love for him humorous, but this time, I didn't. I wish I knew the answer to her question, but I had barely seen Jaimie these past few weeks. He was always off doing something or hanging with someone which was not like him. It made me worried that either he was avoiding me or he had a secret lover. Regardless of what the answer may be, I was hurt because he used to tell me so many things and now he was always so silent. "Maybe."

"What do you mean, maybe? I thought Jaimie was your favorite brother. He was the one that you spent the most time with."

In the past, that was the truth, but now, Paulo seemed to be the one always around when I needed someone. "He was. But I hadn't seen him much. We used to hang out in the evening, but lately, I hadn't seen him even there. It's like he doesn't even live in the same house."

"Maybe he's dating someone then," Cami said with a hint of sadness.

I looked at Cami, who looked so upset. It was her dream to date Jaimie and just the idea of him with someone else was depressing. "Hey, we don't know that for a fact. But once I know, I'll tell you ASAP."

She brushed some of her curly brown hair out of her face, then smiled as her mood suddenly improved. "That would be so great."

"If you care about him so much, why don't you tell him how you feel?" I was always a firm supporter of honesty when it bettered the situation. That was one reason I kept my health secretive since opening up about it would help no one. But this, if she was honest, it would help her and maybe even Jaimie because they would be a cute couple.

Cami shook her head, looking terrified. "No way. I can't do that."

I knew that wasn't true. Cami was very capable of talking to my brother since she had done harder things before. "But the thing is, I think you can."

She frowned, not liking the idea. "And look at that. We're here. We'll talk about this later," Cami said as she pulled into a parking space in front of a brick building, breathing a sigh of relief, happy to end this conversation.

I looked up at the building and smiled as my thoughts quickly turned to what I should expect in there. I had never been to a concert before. I normally never had the time nor a reason to go. But with Callum in a band, I now had a reason and I was bursting with excitement.

Cami got out of her car and pulled on her leather mini skirt as if that would help give it length. She scrunched her hair and smeared some lipstick on before she walked to the front door with such confidence, as if she went to this place all the time, although I knew she hadn't. But Cami was so good at acting like she belonged, nearly as good as myself. However, recently, I hadn't felt like myself as my confidence wavered. I wasn't sure if people noticed, but I sure did.