-+- Zeno -+-

« Relief »

The girl he once loved had long since passed away. The friends he made all those years ago had passed to. Their graves, the villages, all became sacred areas to the people of today.

Some believed in the gods, others did not, but Zeno had always known the truth.

Currently he lived in a small little apartment and went to a school nearby. He had a part time job in the convenience store and occasionally met a young reincarnated Seiryuu and tutored him on his lessons.

As Zeno watched the world change and watched all the people he once held dear to him slip from his grasp, he wondered when he too will be relieved from his own life.

After class he would pray. He would go down on his knees and pray to the dragon gods and pray to the loved ones who left him behind.

He wondered if they still listened to him. Had he annoyed them? Had they finally taken back their gift and free him from immortality?

He sighed, "How many years has it been since I've seen all of you. It's been so long I'm afraid I've forget your faces."

He felt his eyes water and his throat began to burn. He was screaming. The landlady of the apartment would scold him in the morning, but at that moment he didn't care all that much.

"Let me go too." He cried in a hoarse voice.

Zeno wasn't the type to drink, but on nights like these when he felt absolutely miserable he would pour himself a glass and drink till the world would spin around him.

"There's no use for my power anymore have you forgotten about me?!" He screamed at his ceiling. "Will there really be another king?! I don't care anymore! I've been around for much too long! I can't wait anymore!"

The next morning he work up on his kitchen floor and taped to his door on his way out for groceries was an angry letter from the landlady saying how there were several complaints from different floors.

On his way out he stopped by her door leaving an apology letter and the pay for rent for the next month. As he left the building he ran into someone, quickly apologized and went on his way to the convenience store.

"Wait!" The voice called from behind him.

It was the tall boy with dark blonde hair that he had run into prior, "Hm?" Zeno turned around purposefully standing a bit too close to the edge of the road. At this point he turned on his cheerful facade and smiled.

"You dropped this when you ran into me." He held out a small pocket sketchbook.

Zeno took it carefully and put it in his jacket pocket, "Thank you."

After taking the small sketchbook back he made his way to the store he felt a rush of familiarity. It made him pause for a moment, but he continued on with his day.

"It was probably a new tenant." He said to himself.

A few hours later he made it back to his apartment, thew the things he brought back into the fridge and sat by the window and watched as the days went by. He normally would pass time like this instead of play games or read. Just staring at the window and wait for the sun to set and maybe watch the moon all throughout the night.

There was a knock on his door. It was odd for someone to come visit him but he stood up anyways and opened the door.

"Hi, we met earlier. I moved in just next door." He smiled.

Looking at the man a little closer Zeno noticed that his hair was indeed not dark blonde but was dyed blonde. His roots weren't showing just yet, but you could tell that his hair was colored.

"Oh, hello!" He exclaimed, "It's not often that Zeno has visitors."

The man looked down at him and smiled as well, "I didn't catch your name earlier. I guess it's Zeno?"

"Yes! Zeno is Zeno! And your name?"

"Aka*."

"Aka! Well what a fun and simple name! Would you like to come in? I don't have anything prepared but I'm sure I can put something together."

"Well actually I- "

"Oh fruit!! I can give you fruit!" Zeno began humming as he rummaged through his mess of a fridge and pulled out a few fruits and messily cut them up and laid them out in a plate. The sun was just outside the window shining on his bright lemon colored hair. "Would you like?"

Aka nodded and pulls a chair out sits down, "Zeno," He said in a gentle voice.

Zeno felt that familiar feeling. The voice of someone who he knew long ago. He set the plate down on the table and before sitting down he stared down at the necklace he held so close to his heart, "Yes?" At this point he'd figured out who that man was.

"Why do you try so hard to put on such a cheerful face?"

"What do you mean?" He replied sitting across from him, "Zeno is already like this."

Aka grabbed a slice of apple and stared at it, "Long ago, you used to cut them so neatly. What happened while I was gone, Zeno?"

He sighed, "I was left alone for years. What do you think happened?"

"You've gone a bit mad..."

"I haven't gone mad! If I did there's no telling what I could do. I'm just angry that I've been left like this for hundreds or thousands of years! You left me to watch this world change."

"I hadn't forgotten about you."

"Yes you did!! Say that you did!! You left me here for years! You died! After Abi, Shu-Ten, Gu-En died! After Yona, Hak, Yun, Shin-Ah, Jae-Ha, Kija! After Kaya passed away in my arms! Not your or those four damn dragons gave me an answer!"

Zeno went silent and started to cry.

"I- "

"Say it!" He snapped, "Say that you forgot!"

A warm hand rested on Zeno's shoulder, "Yes, we forgot. I'm sorry."

He stayed silent.

"I've come to take you back now, Zeno. You can finally join them."

Aka closed his eyes and Zeno then faded to dust.

"Good night, Zeno."

*** Aka - Aka or Akai means red. As you can see I am extremely clever with third reincarnated Hiryuu sama

*** Aka's dyed hair is meant to make him look more like Soo-Won. If you're caught up in the manga you'll see why.

Alrighty, that's all folks! I've set Zeno free of his gift and he can move on! Yayyy!!

If you want more of my dumbass come find me at lacrimosamellilla