ღChapter 26: What went wrong?ღ

Kawaii~Chan POV

Time seemed so perpetual. Never-ending, constant.

I barely ate the fish that was placed in front of me by that kind waitress.

Something was tugging at me, urging me to go check on him.

Thoughts and wonders lurked though out my conscience.

Is he okay? Why didn't he eat anything? What was with the sudden urge to go to the restroom?

It's like Aphmau read my mind,

"Hey KC, are you okay?" she asked with concern written over her face.

I took a deep sigh and replied, "Kawaii~Chan's fine, thank you Aphmau~Senpai", and smiled at her in reassurance.

She smiled back in tranquility and continued to eat her food. It seems she couldn't see past my lies.

Maybe that lie I told is a warning that I really should quit panicking over something that may not even have much meaning.

I shrugged and took a deep breath, 

and resumed eating my grilled fish.

.

.

.

.

I couldn't.

I stood up abruptly and walked towards the restrooms without saying a single word.

I could feel their confused glances staring at me but I didn't care. 

I didn't care if I ended up being wrong and I was just overreacting.

I didn't care if I ended up being embarrassed over incorrect assumptions.

All that mattered was his well-being.

I continued at a face pace towards the restrooms, people looking as I caught their attention.

Finally, I stood in front of the men's restroom, fists clenched at my sides.

I must admit I've never been in the boy's bathroom before, but this was a real-ass emergency.

At least, for me it was.

I opened the door and nobody was in there.

It wasn't until I looked at the floor, and it seemed like the whole world shattered in front of me.

"Zane!"

He was on the floor, helpless, curled up like he was holding himself for dear life. His raven hair was raveled in countless directions.

How did anyone not see him? Blatantly on the ground like that...

Was I the first one to walk in on this? 

I knelt down on the ground beside him 

I placed two fingers on his pulse and was relieved to hear beating.

Before kneeling down on the ground beside him, his eyes began to open.

He managed to form my name, "K-Kawaii~Chan?"

"Zane! You're awake! How long have you been passed out like this?"

"H-Huh? I don't recall the amount of time I've been passed out. All I can remember is coughing and I grew weary and..."

His eyes widened.

"I coughed out blood."

He used any of his remaining strength to stand up.