ღChapter 8: Chemistryღ

3rd Person POV

Zane had left the house after his conversation with Garroth. Just moments after he said his farewells, others began to say theirs. Lucinda and Kim shortly left after Dante and Travis smuggled the leftover snacks. Aaron and Aphmau waved at Laurance and Garroth at the doorway. Lastly, Kawaii~Chan and Katelyn departed. "Aww, we never got to play spin the bottle or watch a movie." Aphmau murmured to herself. Aaron heard loud and clear. "I know, but Kawaii~Chan's our first priority. Maybe next time?" he suggested. "You're right. It's getting late..and I'm tired. We should go to bed." Aaron and Aphmau had walked back inside their warm home and went to sleep.

Katelyn POV

Shortly after my goodbyes to Aph and Aaron, I held Kawaii~Chan's hand and closed the door.

We began walking home

I let out a short sigh, "So, what exactly happened?" I asked

"Kawaii~Chan doesn't really want to talk about it Katelyn~Sama.." she responded with her ears down.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. Pardon for being so nosy."

An awkward silence came about

We almost arrived at our home. I could hear the crickets chirping and the night time sounds ringed in my ears.

Kawaii~Chan suddenly broke the silence.

"Katelyn~Sama.."

"Yeah?"

"Does Katelyn~Sama love Travis~Kun?"

"W-WHAT?"

What the HELL!?

One thing, I try to bring up what had happened, and now she asks me this?

Just out of nowhere?

My insides were crawling and I felt warm in my cheeks.

It's not like I didn't like him, it was just complicated.

"I mean, I wouldn't call it 'love' kawaii~chan."

"Then what does Katelyn~Sama call it?" she asked with a curious look

"It's not what what you call it, it's how you interpret it. And if you're that curious well..I do. I do love him. People have many views on what love is. And mine is on the chemistry between two people. Why do you ask?"

"Kawaii~Chan believes she will never encounter the same chemistry Katelyn~Sama and Travis~Kun has.."

"Sure you will! Everyone's chemistry is different."

"It's not about that..it's about the chances at it. Look at me Katelyn. Does Katelyn~Sama think Kawaii~Chan will ever have another opportunity to find a man like Damien?"

"No. I don't. You know why?"

"W-Why?"

"Because you'll find someone better. A "man" like Damien won't ever hurt you again. You'll never find an opportunity towards a downfall. You'll encounter new opportunities towards a different chemistry."

"Kawaii~Chan's a bit confused, but she gets it!"

"It's pretty difficult to explain, but I'm glad you understood what I meant."

We both shared a heartfelt smile

We had finally arrived at our home.

Kawaii~Chan POV

Katelyn unveiled her keys and opened the door.

We both hurried inside.

"Thanks for the pep-talk Katelyn~Sama, Kawaii~Chan will hurry on to sleep now." I said with a small smile.

"You're welcome Kawaii~Chan." she said

I always seem to find me doubting myself.

Why do I torture myself to ask such questions to Katelyn?

Why do I bring myself to such a low level?

I said that I was confused with what she said about "love", which was true. I didn't want Katelyn to think I was dense so I told her that I understood partly. But the truth is, I didn't.

I didn't understand.

Find someone better?

Who would lust for someone as pathetic as me

Come to think of it...this whole stupid fiasco with Damien partly unleashed my inner emotions.

I seemed to be more insecure.

A personality filled with emotions..deep inside.. that I never wanted to let out again.

But it crawled out forcefully.

I viewed myself walking towards the kitchen..

opening up the cabinets..

..

and grabbing a a sharp, clean knife that displayed my very own reflection as I held it in front of me.

A meif'wa with pink bubbly hair, an adorable bow,  sparkling amber eyes, fair skin, and a bright smile

Then I saw a meif'wa with brown chestnut hair which was rather messy, gloomy amber eyes with eyelids trying not to shut, bruised skin, and an upside down smile.

I had to accept who I was, even if others would disapprove.

I slowly slashed a deep cut into my forearm. I avoided any veins easily.

The last thing I saw was blood gushing through the open wound.

Then darkness engulfed me.

The sound of my head hitting the hardwood floor.

"Kawaii~Chan is that you?" a voice came from a distance

"Embrace who you really are." were the last words I said.

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

..

.