ღChapter 13: An Unknown Encounter and a Caring brother ღ

Garroth POV

As I followed Zane I couldn't help but think about what I just witnessed.

Why was Katelyn violent with Zane?

Zane looked like the victim in the situation, while Katelyn was the antagonist.

This was..truly a shock.

I finally reached the outside and frantically looked around for my brother.

Nowhere to be seen..

I couldn't give up now.

I continued to look around

Behind walls, asking people if they had seen a fair skin male with black hair and a black flannel, looking into far distances.

Nothing...

I had to keep trying. I had to go tell Zane..

about the mistakes I've made..

Zane POV

I was sitting in a bench at a nearby park, rethinking my life choices.

What could have I done to have a more successful and social life?

What's upsetting..is that Katelyn was accurately right.

I did do shitty things in high school....and it didn't stop there. I continued to be a rude, hurtful, and manipulating person through college.

Even if I was intelligent and I got good grades, I never was smart enough to realize my own bad decisions. I never bothered to think, 'Hey..should I really do this? What are the effects of doing this'.

Instead, I'd go ahead and do it anyway.

I sighed.

??? POV

As I was taking a stroll down the sidewalk, I saw a guy on the bench, looking down at the concrete path.

He looked strangely familiar..

Black, raven hair over his left eye. Dark, vibrant clothing....

A black pattern mask...emo-looking..?

Could it be?

I picked up my pace and began to walk towards him.

I stood in front of the bench and glanced at him.

"Excuse me?" I said.

He slightly moved his head up and drove his eyes up at me.

His crystal blue eyes were the last thing I saw before we parted our ways..

"What is it?" he said in a rather grumpy tone.

"Zane! I-i-it's me? Diana? Don't you remember?" I said excitedly.

He fully raised his head so that we had face-to-face contact. I noticed that he had a bruise on his right cheek..

However as soon as his eyes widened, I smiled.

But then he returned to his weary face..and said, "Heh. No. I don't remember you. I only remember people who are relevant in my life."

Those words shattered me internally. How could he say that? We were friends.

I frowned

"How could you say that! Not relevant?! I know that you DO remember me! You're just being an insecure, prideful BAKA IDIOT EMO DUMB STUPID RAT!!!" I exlaimed

I slapped him on the cheek where he wasn't bruised.

HAHA! Now he's hurt in both cheeks.

"Huh? Was that a fly?" he said sarcastically.