ღChapter 10: I'll always despise you ღ

Phoenix Drop Hospital

9:30 AM

Zane POV

Walking back and fourth

Keeping that pace for what seemed like 20 minutes

Time was very slow at this point.

We burst into laughter while drawing on everyone's faces

"I need someone to hold onto right now."

"Thank you Zane"

"The reason why you don't know anyone is because you never try! Nobody talks to you because of your gross personality."

Is..that the reason why nobody talks with me?

I took a seat in the waiting area.

Only those who witnessed the casualty were here.

Aphmau, Aaron, Garroth, Laurance, and Katelyn.

Everyone was exhausted

We all barely had any sleep last night.

The door suddenly opened.

"She's partially awake. We're currently working on her physical state as of now. Feel free to come in. Just be careful not to overwhelm her." a man said while holding the door open.

"Thank you Sir." Aaron responded.

Everyone except Katelyn walked in the room.

She was had her head hung down with a shadow pasted on her pale face. A few tears rolled down her red cheeks with her fists clenched.

I knew how she felt right now.

Knowing that you personally saw your best friend lying on the floor unconscious.

I began to speak, "Katelyn? You ok-"

Then I was quickly pushed to the concrete wall

My back ached.

I stood there..looking at a face of utter despair.

"Y-you..listen now Zane." Katelyn said in a disturbing tone.

I stood dead quiet.

She continued to talk, "You know why they're in there? Because they want to know that their friend is okay. They want to know that everything is going to be okay and that there's no need to cry or feel pain any longer. To relieve themselves of their constant worrying."

...

"I also wish to be in there. But you know what irritates me and strikes me? Why are you here? You couldn't care less about Kawaii~Chan. What do you need to worry about? Isn't this what you want you freak!?"

she began to cry even more.

..

"You know. I couldn't believe that you were the one to comfort Kawaii~Chan when she needed it. Don't think she didn't tell me about that argument you had with her yesterday. I'm not that ignorant Zane!"

..

"I hate you with my guts. I wish that you never met Aphmau. I don't know where my hatred of you comes from. Maybe it's when you manipulated my brother into joining your toxic friend group back in high school? Or it's when you did shitty things in college? Irene knows I wouldn't hold a grudge, SO WHAT IS IT?"

..

She grabbed me by my collar and pushed me against the wall again

I resisted to defend myself

S-she's too strong. And I'm too weak.

..

"So why Zane?! TELL ME!" she screamed and sobbed at the exact time.

Then I spoke, "You think this is what I want? That I want to see them miserable? No. So you know what my answer to that is? I. Don't. Know."

"Of course you don't. You're a monster. Fully unaware of what's going on right now. Heh. It could even be possible that you're responsible for this incident. I wouldn't doubt it"

Now...that sparked anger inside of me.

I responded, "Katelyn, you're being very blindsided right now and.. OBLIVIOUS RIGHT NOW!"

and instantly regret it

before I could dodge..

She threw a hateful punch at me

I let out a loud grunt

I felt my cheek..blood on my hand.

Her eyes grew serious.

"I don't know you that well Zane..but I know damn well you ARE fully unaware of what's going on right now." she said

"K-Katelyn~Sama and Zane~Kun?" Kawaii~Chan said as she stared at us with disbelief

I quickly look at Kawaii~Chan

A scared soul

Her eyes were wide open

I could't take it anymore

I had to get out of here.

I forcefully pushed Katelyn away and ran

ran like there's no tomorrow

ran leaving that shitty past behind

ran as tears flew across the room

ran as I heard my brother Garroth say, "ZANE!"

I kept running. Running towards the outside. Running towards a distant path.

Suddenly, I was outside.

The fresh breeze was against my bruised face.

It felt nice.

To be free of the chains that were pulling me down.