Chapter 20: Maid Cafe! Part 2

NOTICE: So in the last chapter, I said that Travis and Gene had confused looks because of the conversation between Kawaii~Chan and Damien, but Travis doesn't work at the maid cafe, therefore he shouldn't be there at the moment. Sooo, I made a quick fix in order to make this chapter make more sense. Just wanted to clarify that, not much of a biggy ^_^

Aphmau POV

Well, I'm very glad that Kawaii~Chan and Damien decided to settle what started and move on like adults. Even if it wasn't my problem to begin with, I'm thankful that Kawaii~Chan decided to prevent that from happening.

I began to multitask by whistling and washing the unclean dishes.

UNTIL I HEARD TWO ANNOYING BOYS ARGUE.

"I told you Gene, I had it covered!"

"Well Zane, obviously you didn't! We almost lost a customer because of you!'

"Gee, I must be constipated because I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!"

Oh no, what happened this time?

I groaned and rolled my eyes, "CAN Y'ALL JUST STAY ON TASK?!"

Stupid Gene and hypocritical Zane. Gene should know by now NOT to contradict ZANE! Also, Zane literally just said that workers should act appropriately and stay on task, but yet he's NOT!

They continued to argue and throw hands at each other. That's it.

I stomped angrily towards them and grabbed them by their sleeves.

"You 5 year olds better make up right now or tell me what happened or I swear, I'll-"

Before I could finish my sentence, the sound of dishes clattered the floor. Not to mention, a feminine scream as well.

All three of us quickly shot our glances to where the noise originated.

There stood the culprit, Travis, on his hind, squirmy legs.

He pasted a quirky smile and placed his hand behind his neck, "U-Um, it's...not what it looks like!"

We all wore a 'are you kidding me' expression on our faces.

I let go of Gene and Zane's sleeves and stormed towards Travis, "TRAVIS! What are YOU DOING HERE? Why are you carrying-or WAS carrying, PLATES?"

"I thought I'd make it easier for you guys and return the used plates myself instead of leaving the job for you!" he exclaimed as he covered his face, fearful of what I would do to him.

"THIS, is who my brother hangs out with?" said a very disappointed Gene.

"Never mind that! There's no point in arguing now. Travis, why are you here? You don't even work here." acknowledged Zane.

Finally, someone with common sense.

"Well for your information Zane, I may not work here, but as a friend, I like to help out.. you know?" he responded.

Zane crossed his arms with an eyebrow raised, "Okay...well, you certainly didn't help out..but whatever. What brought you here in the first place?"

"I came to the Maid Cafe with Katelyn, hoping we could talk." he said crossing his arms.

K-Katelyn?

I haven't spoke to her since we were at the hospital. Hopefully, she's okay.

As soon as Travis mentioned Katelyn's name, Zane's eyes widened.

I frowned at Travis, "You know that things aren't going well with Katelyn. Out of all places, why do you bring her here?"

He displayed a shocked expression towards me and scowled, "Aph, how could you say that? She's our friend! You make it seem like she's not wanted here. Just because of any sort of commotion she started, doesn't give you guys an excuse to ignore her! If anything, we should be talking to her and fix any problems that may have been presented!"