Eight

Sleep wasn't something that she did anymore. Maybe it was because of the all consuming guilt, or because her body just couldn't grow used to being up all night then sleeping during the day, but she didn't sleep anymore. How could she? How could she climb into the same bed as the man that she was so desperately in love with and sleep next to him knowing what she had done? What she was continuing to do? So yes, it was a mix of the all consuming guilt and her internal clock. If the lack of sleep didn't kill her, the guilt would.

"Demi, baby."

Trey always woke her up in the sweetest way. Sometimes it was with breakfast in bed. Sometimes he would nuzzle his nose against hers and sprinkle her skin with soft kisses until she woke up because his facial hair was tickling her. Sometimes it was a little sexier, with his fingers bringing her to completion or him making love to her with his tongue. It was always different. It was always sweet. It was always a way for him to express how much he loved her, especially when he couldn't say it with words.

"Yes," she groaned, even though she wasn't sleeping. She had simply been laying down with her eyes closed. She felt when he got out of the bed to start getting ready, trying to be quiet because he knew that she had been out late but desperately failing because Trey just wasn't a quiet person.

"Wake up. I missed you last night," he softly demanded, causing her to open her eyes, immediately meeting his smothering gaze. She seriously loved this man so much. It consumed her and motivated everything that she did.

"You did?" She cracked a smile as she stretched out on the bed.

"Yes...I wish you weren't working the night shift. I really think you should try and see if any other restaurants are hiring so that you can have better hours," Trey rambled on, like he often did in the morning. But he was so busy rambling that he thankfully didn't see the shift in her expression as he talked about her new job that required her to work nights.

"Trey, I want to work. I promise I'm fine," Demi consoled him, flashing him a reassuring smile before tapping her lips so that he would kiss her. He leaned down and briefly connected their lips. Before it could go any further Demi pulled away, because she was sure that she would start crying if she had to be around him any longer. If she had to keep up this lie any longer.

"Get ready for work. I'll make you some breakfast," Demi said, kissing him one more time before he made his way into the bathroom that was connected to his master bedroom.

Once the door was closed, Demi sucked in a deep breath and closed her eyes. She was doing this for herself. She was doing this for them. That's what she had to keep telling herself. Demi had never been the type to rely on a man for money. Ever. It didn't matter that Trey kept saying that she didn't have to work. She refused to let him support her. So, she turned to one thing she knew would get her cash right away. Classy prostitution.

Sharon Sanders had almost been caught but that didn't stop her from running her business. If anything, she just tightened ship. When Demi came back to her, she was thrilled, but Demi had laid down her own ground rules. She would keep her relationship with Trey, stay at their house, and she wouldn't be working every single night. So far, Sharon had respected her wishes but Demi felt disgusting. For the past month she had been struggling because she wanted to tell Trey the truth, but she just couldn't bring herself to because she knew as soon as he found out, everything that they had would be over. And Demi just wasn't ready for it to be.

As she was scrambling the eggs, her phone began to ring from inside of her bag, which she had thrown onto the counter last night before rushing into the bathroom to wash the scent of another man off of her. Demi turned the eye down before digging the pink razor out of her bag. Only one person consistently called her from this number. She checked her emotions before hitting the button to answer the phone and pressing it against her ear.