Six

"We should've planned this out better," Demi huffed as she finished fixing the fitted sheet over their king sized mattress that was currently on the floor of their brand new bedroom in their brand new house.

Their house. The house that they had bought together as an investment for their future, a cozy house tucked into the moderate neighborhood of Bronxville, a house where they could be together and raise their children and grow old together. Something like this had always seemed so out of reach for Demi. Even a stable relationship had always seemed out of reach for Demi. But she had that with Trey. She had a future with Trey, a future where she could see them growing up and retiring next to the beach and just spending the rest of their lives together. That's all that Demi wanted, and this house made her feel like all of her dreams were coming true.

"I swear that furniture website said two day delivery," Trey recalled as he carried their comforter into the room.

The house still had an echo to it because all of their furniture wasn't moved in from Trey's old apartment.

When Trey had officially asked her to move into his apartment, she did it without hesitation. It was the perfect size for both of them, the commute wasn't too bad, and it had easily become home to her. It wasn't until a year later that Trey proposed the idea of them actually buying a house, because rent was basically a waste of money and he wanted them to own something together. Demi didn't know as much about how all of that worked as Trey did, but they learned together and ultimately decided on a cozy two bedroom in a nice neighborhood that wasn't too far from the city and their jobs.

"This is kind of cute, isn't it?" Demi beamed as Trey helped her fix the bed to their liking.

The mattress was pushed against the wall and it was the only thing in their entire bedroom. The moonlight shone into the room from the floor to ceiling windows, and they had a nice view of the river and the park across the street. It really was like she was living in a dream, a dream that had been unattainable for so long.

"You're cute," Trey complimented, causing Demi's cheeks to flush in the way they always did when Trey complimented her.

She shook her head as she tossed all of their pillows at the head of the mattress before flopping onto it. They had both taken the week off of work to get the house together so they really weren't in much of a rush to get everything done. They knew that it was a process and after packing and moving a majority of their stuff over, they were both more than ready to go to bed.

"The fact that I can still make you blush makes me feel like I'm doing something right," Trey said as he turned off the lights before sliding into the bed next to her. It was weird being so close to the ground, but he didn't care where they were sleeping as long as Demi was with him.

"You're doing everything right," Demi breathed out, scooting closer to him until her leg was wrapped around his waist and they were staring directly at each other. "I love you."

"I love you more," Trey immediately responded, brushing a stray piece of her silky black hair out of her face.

She had surprised him at work one day with her new hair color, coming dressed in a skirt suit that somehow made her look even sexier than she already was. That led to some office sex which resulted in him having to bribe one of the security guards to erase the footage from the camera in his office.

"No you don't," Demi giggled, tugging her bottom lip in between her teeth.

She was just so happy for some reason, she couldn't even describe it. Her heart had been fluttering all day and she found herself smiling at the most random moments.

"Okay, we love each other equally," Trey conceded, leaning down to their connect their lips, but one kiss wasn't ever enough.

Demi brushed her fingers against his stubble as she deepens the kiss, cupping her cheeks in her hands as their tongues danced together, and she felt her heart swell with love and adoration.