Seven

Another layer of her signature lipglass from MAC, "Lymphette" was applied to her plump lips as she sat on top of the counter in her bathroom, leaning close to the mirror to get one last look at her makeup before she deemed herself ready to get dressed. It had been a while since she had gotten dolled up, and the anticipation of going on a date for the first time in a while was coming her stomach to flip flop in her stomach, making bile rise in her throat as she finished getting ready. She was already dawning the two piece set that she had picked up from a more high end lingerie boutique that was down the street from her old job. A black velvet mini dress was her choice for the night, and slipping it on over her lacy lingerie made her feel sexy in ways that she couldn't even describe. She tousled her midnight black waves one more time before grabbing her clutch and leaving the apartment, the click clack of her signature Louboutins echoing in her ear. Any other night she'd be covered in scrapings from food and dripping in sweat from the heat of the kitchen, but tonight was different.

The familiar sleek black town car that had been waiting for her for the past five minutes caused her stomach to flip. The door was opened for her and she slipped inside before she could force herself to turn around. She needed this. It was her first night out in a while and it would all be completely worth it.

It didn't take long for her to arrive at her destination, a glittering five star hotel that blended perfectly amongst the expensive shops that lined the avenue. She checked her purse for her belongings again before the door was opened and she stepped out.

"Call me if something goes wrong," he reminded her, like she needed a reminder, like she would ever forget that she had a bodyguard on speed dial just in case things took a turn for the worst.

"Okay."

He shot her a smile but it was different. Sympathetic. Like he knew the predicament that she was in and he felt bad for her, but there really wasn't anything that he could do about it. They all made choices, and this was hers.

She tilted her chin up, walking with her shoulders squared back and her head held high as she strutted into the luxurious hotel. She looked good. She knew that she looked good. Her honey highlighted hair tumbled down her back in loose waves, and she was wearing enough makeup to the point where a guy wouldn't be able to tell if she was wearing any at all, because men were clueless.

"Welcome," the hostess at the front of the restaurant greeted with a dazzling smile. "Table for one?"

"I'm meeting someone at the bar," Demi forced out, placing a practiced smile on her face as the hostess nodded and gestured towards the bar.

It was only a few minutes later when a musky aftershave filled her nostrils as someone took the seat next to her. She slowly turned, angling her body towards the handsome stranger as her lips curved into a smirk. He smiled back at her, his pearly whites practically blinding her as they made a silent agreement with their eyes.

"Devonne?"

"How'd you guess?" She giggled with a faux southern drawl. Men loved a southern belle.

"The shoes," he gestured to her Louboutin Follies Strauss shoes, causing her to grin.

"You ready to get out of here?"

"Most definitely."

His name wasn't important. In fact, she never remembered any of the names of her clients unless they explicitly told her that they wanted to hear her moan it as she finished them off. Just the thought of moaning another man's name caused her stomach to turn again, but then she remembered why she was doing this, why she had put herself back into this predicament, and she took his hand, allowing him to lead her to the elevators so that they could go up to the reserved hotel room. Because their silent agreement was that her body was worth a certain amount of money. A lot of money, but tonight was simply a transaction. And she needed this transaction to be successful so that her boss knew she could go out again the next night, and the night after that, and the night after that.