Keeping Our Love Chapter 15

Start from the beginning

Jake  came out of the shower with a towel tied around his waist. He looked me up and down.

"You look great Alyssa" He stated.

"Thanks" I muttered. Even though I knew his mom would think that I looked like trash. Jake walked closer to me.

"No Jake, go get ready" I demanded. He groaned and began digging through his suitcase. We were actually running kind of late because of Jake. I sighed and sat down on the bed waiting for him.

Once Jake finished getting ready we headed to his mom's place. I was so nervous. I really didn't want to end up arguing with his mine and I didn't want there to end up being this big scene. I just wanted everything to go smoothly. I chuckled. In my dreams! Jake glanced at me giving me a weird look.

"I'm just thinking" I told him. He nodded his head and turned his eyes back to the road.

We pulled up in front of Jake's house and there were a bunch of cars lined up on the side of the road. Damn being back here brought back memories and they really weren't good memories. My mind mainly kept referring back to when Jake and his mom argued in front of me and how she kept telling him that I wasn't good enough for him and that I was below him.

I sighed as the car came to a stop. Jake turned the car off and I didn't move. He looked at me.

"You ready?" He asked. You would think that we were going to the cops to confess that we had committed a murder.

"Yea" I replied. He opened his door and I did the same. I emerged from the car and walked around  and stood next to Jake. He laughed.

"Calm down" he said. "I promise you that nothing drastic will happen" He assured. I nodded even though I  didn't really believe that. He grabbed my hand and we walked up to the house. He opened the door and we walked inside.

The sounds of voices chatting and glasses clinking surrounded me.

"Jake" A voice immediately called out. I turned to see where the voice came from. The guy walked closer to me and Jake. He let go of my hand as he went to hug the guy.

"What's up man" Jake said to the guy.

"Nothing much" he said looking at me.

"Alyssa this is Donny my cousin and Donny this is Alyssa my fiancée." Jake informed.

"Nice to meet you" he said shaking my hand.

"You too" I said.

 "Dads here, he has been asking about you like the whole time we have been here. You know you are his favorite nephew" The guy stated. Jake laughed.

"Is he drunk already?" Jake asked.

"Maybe "Donny replied. Jake laughed.

"Alright I'll catch up with him" Jake said. "it was good seeing you though Donny" Jake muttered.