Log 3: The one and only hero!

"To hear from you after all these years and the first news I catch wind of is that you had become a wanted man of the South Kingdom of all places. Just what did you do to become an enemy of the South King?"

Coming to the South Borders to fix up my equipment, I arrived at the shop of an old acquaintance of my master, the master blacksmith of the old generations.

Despite his talents, his fame and titles quickly faded away soon after the war had ended with the demons coming to life. Nowadays, he goes by the name Kaiji.

"I don't think the King has anything to do with this..." I speculate.

"So you think the knights acted independently?"

"Most likely... they also mentioned something about a sword. Any idea what that could be about?"

"Well, your guess would be as good as mine." Kaiji shrugs, "so, what did you come for?"

Taking off my gauntlets and placing them by the counter, I answered, "It seems like those knights did some poking around with these."

Picking them up, he proceeds to comment as he inspects my gauntlets, "... this looks like something only 'he' could have done... I guess he's still as impulsive as before."

"... you know those knights?"

"... That's right! There's no way you would have known! You see, I'm the one that made the armor for those knights."

"..."

"Anyways, the damage isn't too bad. I have the parts in stock, I can get it done in about... 2 days or so?"

"Tomorrow."

"... why the rush?"

"I still have another letter to deliver."

"If you insist, I'll do what I can."

"Alright."

As I get up to leave, Kaiji calls out to me.

"Wait a second, where are you going now?"

"I'm finding a place to stay?"

"A wanted man without his equipment, sleeping in a public inn. Are you sure?"

"Border cities are not under the jurisdiction of the rulers and the knights can't leave the South Kingdom without proper authorization. There's nothing chasing me here."

"... even so, weren't you taught to not take unnecessary risks?"

"It's not really..."

Letting out a sigh, Kaiji offers an option, "I have a couple of rooms up on the second floor free at the moment. Go ahead and use one of those."

"... thanks."

"Don't mention it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite the soft bed and the cool weather, I found myself unable to sleep. As I toss and turn in discomfort, E.N.E calls out.

"Say...master."

"... what?"

"Any idea on what to do next? You know, after we deliver the letter."

"... maybe we could start looking for 'him'?"

"I see..."

"..."

"Hmmm..."

Noticing the hesitation in her voice, I sigh and ask, "what about you? Any plans?"