First Football Game

Carmen's POV

Stefan and I are walking with Elena across the oval. "Here's what we're going to do. Are you both free tonight?" Elena asks us both.

"Yes" Stefan answers.

"Why?" I ask her curious.

"Dinner, my house. 8:00. You two, me, and Bonnie. You three will spend some quality time and she'll get to see what great people you are. Mission accomplished" Elena explains smiling.

I notice Aiden and Tyler tossing a football around with Matt. "Hey, what am I supposed to do, Ty? She made her choice" Matt tells them.

"Let her know she made the wrong one" Tyler tells him catching the ball.

"What are you doing?" Aiden asks his older brother.

"Ty, don't. Ty, don't! Ty!" Matt shouts. Tyler throws the ball at Stefan, who has his back towards him. He quickly turns around, catches the ball, and throws it back to Tyler. Tyler, Aiden and Matt are shocked. While Elena and I laugh.

"That throw was insane. I didn't know you played football" Elena says as we go inside.

"He used to" I tell her.

"That was a long time ago" Stefan adds.

"So why don't you try out for the team?" Elena suggests.

"Yeah, I don't think so" Stefan tells her.

"Come on Stefan, you used to love football" I tell him.

"But in this case, I don't think football likes me. You saw Tyler over there, and we both know how Matt feels" Stefan states.

"They don't know you. To them, you're mysterious loner guy. Wouldn't hurt to be part of. Make some friends" Elena tells him.

"Says the girl who spends her alone time writing in a cemetery" I state.

"Hey, come on. There's more to me than just gloomy graveyard girl. There's a whole other Elena that you have yet to meet. She was into everything, very busy" she tells us.

"Well, I look forward to meeting her. And when will that be?" Stefan asks her.

"Soon. She's working on it" Elena states.

"See you guys after school" I state and we go our separate ways. Them going to history and me going to Maths where Aiden sits next to me.

"You didn't tell me one of your brother's played football" he states.

"They both do and why would I tell you?" I ask him.

"I thought we were getting along" he says fawning hurt.

"The fact I haven't punched, does not mind we're getting along" I tell him.

"You know I'm on the football team" he tells me.

"Is that suppose to impress me?" I ask him.

"No, but I was wondering if you could talk to Stefan for me" he says sheepishly.

"About what?" I ask him confused.

"Matt and Tyler have been training me, but man can your brother throw. I was wondering if you could talk to him about teaching me to throw better" he states.

"Why? When I could teach you?" I ask and he looks at me surprised. "My brothers taught me everything they know about football, I could give you a few lessons" I tell him.

"That'd be great" he says smiling.

"Miss Salvatore, Mr Lockwood please pay attention" Mrs Oakley tells us. We shut up and pay attention. When school ended I went home with Stefan to change for the dinner at Elena's. We find Damon reading one of Stefan's journals.