Capturing Damon

Carmen's POV

I got up and got changed. I hear my brothers talking and slip out of the house, going to the grill. "Carmen!" Aiden calls and I turn to see him eating with his family.

"Morning Aiden" I say politely.

"Join us" he tells me.

"Why would I intrude on a family breakfast?" I ask him.

"Who is this dear?" his mum asks him.

"Carmen Salvatore, she moved here with her two brothers and is in my class" he explains.

"Aren't you a little young to be in that class?" Mr Lockwood asks me.

"I'm thirteen, but my brothers taught me a lot before I started school. So I got bumped up a couple of grades" I tell him.

"Please join us, I'd love to hear more about your family" Mrs Lockwood states.

"Only if you're sure" I tell her.

"It's fine, sit down" Tyler tells me. I sit down beside Aiden.

"So what happens with the season? One big forfeit? Are they looking for a new coach?" Mr Lockwood asks the boys.

"I don't know, dad" Tyler tells him.

"I doubt anybody's thinking about that right now" Aiden adds.

"Charles, founder's party, focus" Mrs Lockwood tells her husband.

"Founder's party?" I ask Aiden fawning confusion.

"Oh yeah, you're new to town. Every year we have a party celebrating the day it was founded 145 years ago" Aiden explains. "You know, I don't have a date yet" he tells me.

"And I care why?" I ask him.

"Well I thought we could go together, it'd give you an opportunity to learn more about the town's history" he tells me.

"If I go, it'll only be as your friend" I tell him.

"I can live with that, I'll wear you down eventually" he says smiling.

"How are y'all doing over here?" Vicki asks as she appears.

"Ah, we're doing great, sweetheart" Mr Lockwood tells her.

"Is there anything else I can get you?" she asks.

"Ham and cheese toastie would be nice, please" I tell her.

"Along with the check, honey" Mr Lockwood adds.

"I'll pay for myself" I tell her. She nods her head.

"Here you go, Mayor Lockwood" she says handing him the check.

"Thanks" he says and pays for his family. He and Mrs Lockwood leave as Tyler goes to search for Vicki as my food arrives.

"Why aren't you leaving?" I ask Aiden as I take a bite of my sandwich.

"I hoped we could play a game of pool or darts" he tells me.

"You'll lose" I tell him.

"Bet you twenty bucks I won't" he tells me and  I smirk.

"You're on" I tell him and finish my food. I grab a glass of water and we head over to the pool table. He lets me break and the game begins as I hit a big (striped) in. "So whats the deal with your brother and Vicki?" I ask him.

"I don't think they really love each other, I think they're more of friends with benefits. Though neither will admit it" he states. "Then again Tyler gets jealous whenever he sees her talk to another guy" he adds.