Search for a Werewolf

Carmen's POV

It's been seven and half weeks since we left Mystic Falls. I've hardly smiled since then. Stefan's a ripper, but still has his humanity. Which makes what he is doing worse. I hear from Aiden every other day. But it's not the same as seeing him. I just miss him and Mystic Falls. Back before Uncle Klaus came. I put on a cheery voice when he calls, but I don't smile.

Anyway we've been hunting werewolves since we left Mystic Falls. We're currently in Tennessee following another lead. I'm playing with a young Beagle called Rudy while Klaus handles the girls with Stefan. Who is waiting with me until he is summoned.

I'm listening in though

I'm listening in though. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you" I hear Klaus say. I roll my eyes.

"Can I help you?" a woman asks him.

"Yeah, my car hmm. My car ran out of gas a couple of miles back. Eh I feel like I have been walking forever yours is the first house I come to so I was just hoping I could use your phone?" Klaus asks her.

"Don't you have a cell phone?" the woman asks me.

"Huh yeah. Battery died. Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer I just wanna use your phone" Klaus tells her.

"Sure" she says with a sigh.

"So, I can come in?" he asks her.

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you" she tells him. Klaus won't like that.

"I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting" he says sounding annoyed.

"I'm from Florida" she tells him matter of factly.

"Well, that explains it" Klaus mutters. "Now show me a little southern hospitality. Sweet pea" he says. No doubt compelling her.

"I'm going" Stefan tells me.

"Ok" I say and he places a hand on my shoulder.

"It'll be ok, I promise we'll return home" he tells me. "By the way, you can keep Rudy. Think of him as an early birthday present" he states. Before heading for the house.

"Guess you're mine now" I say to Rudy. He yips happily and licks my cheek. I get up and lead him to the car. I get in and have him jump in. He curls up on my lap and we wait for the other two.

Klaus returns. "Why is the mutt not dead?" he asks me.

"Stefan said I could keep him. As an early birthday present" I state. "Don't worry, he won't cause trouble and I'll take full responsibility for him" I add.

"Fine" he grumbles. Stefan soon joins us and I smell the blood from two people. I hug Rudy ignoring both Klaus and Stefan.

(Time skip)

We're at a bar. While Stefan and I compelled everyone in the bar. Klaus went to talk to Ray. The werewolf we have tracked down. Once we had compelled everyone we join Klaus and Ray. Who went to run, but Stefan blocked his way. "I wouldn't do that" he tells him.

Ray looks at all three of us. "Vampires" he says.

"You're swifty swift Ray! Yes! My friends here are vampires. They compelled everybody in the bar so don't look to them for any help. I however, I'm something else, a different kind of monster. I've got some vampire, I've got some wolf" Klaus tells him.

"You what?" Ray asks.

"A hybrid Ray, he is both" I tell him bored.

"You see I want to create more of me. Now you being the first werewolf that I've come across in many a moon, pun intended Ray! I need you to direct me to your pack. So, where can I find them Ray?" Klaus asks him.

"You can't compel me, it won't work" Ray tells him. Stefan starts scratching his head, Klaus looks at him and he nods. Stefan turns around and takes out something out of his back pocket.

"Can you bring out the darts please?" I ask the bar man. He nods his head and left to get them.

"Tell you what Ray, We're gonna play a little drinking game, something I like to call truth or wolfsbane" Stefan tells Ray. He pulls out a pouch of wolfsbane, pours it into his hand, crushing it with his fingers.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun Ray" Klaus says with a smirk.

"I'm going to the cafe down the road with Rudy. I don't want to see this" I tell them.

"Fine, but no where else" Klaus tells me. I nod and leave. I collect Rudy and head for the cafe. Where I get a call from Aiden.

"Hey Aiden" I say in a cheery voice.

"Drop the act, I know you are miserable" he tells me.

"Am I suppose to be happy? My brother is a ripper with his humanity on. I'm constantly moving from place to place hunting werewolves. I am not with you or at home. It's nearly my birthday and I have no one to celebrate it with, well no one who cares" I tell him

"Which is why Damon, Alaric and I have been tracking you since you left. Well Stefan's kills" he tells me. "We will find you and bring you home" he states.

"If I leave, you, Tyler and Caroline will die. Klaus won't let me go" I tell him. "I told you not to wait for me. So stop looking for me and live your life Aiden. All I want is for you to be safe and happy" I tell him.

"I want the same for you" he tells me. "You're not happy, though you pretend to be. I bet you haven't smiled once since you left" he states. I remain silent. "I will free you" he tells me.

"I love you Aiden, that hasn't changed. But I don't want you risking your life for Stefan and I. Tell Damon and Alaric the same thing" I tell him. "Good bye" I say and hang up.

(Time skip)

Klaus called we have the location where to find Ray's wolf pack on the next full moon. He then feed him his blood and snapped his neck. Stefan apparently went to see Damon to get him to stop looking for us. I hope he listens to him. We grabbed the temperarely dead Ray and left.

A/N

Picture above of Klaus with Ray and picture on the external link of Carmen.