Chapter 5: Trent

"Listen, I think I've got a plan. You might not like it, but it's all we can do." I knew how the association worked, and I knew how to work like them. "They key is to be calm, Yasmin."

"Alright, what's the 'plan'?" Her voice was cold and distant. I understood why she hated me so much, but we needed to get past our differences.

"For now, we need to stay here. Act like we're out to it and an easy target."

"What the hell?! You're not serious are you? Just let them do what they want with us?!" she was panicking again. "I want to get out and I want to get out now!"

"You're the one who's acting stupid Yasmin. Do you actually think we can jump off a moving van?" Her attitude was getting on my nerves.

"I don't care what you think. If you don't want to help me then fine, looks like we're on our own from now on." she growled. I couldn't believe how immature she was being. Her behaviour was absolutely ridiculous.

"You're being stupid Yasmin, irrational. Who else is going to help you?"

"I don't need your help. I can
look after myself. And I decide to jump of this van right now. Have a nice life." She stood up, about to find a way to jump.

"No! Stop, I will not allow this to happen! Do you want to die right now or at least try to save yourself?" I suppressed myself from yelling. I didn't want the men driving us to hear. But my sudden frustration with her idiocy was overcoming me.

"Oh so now you suddenly care whether I live or not? Didn't seem to bother you a year ago." Now she was rubbing salt into my wound. I needed some ice for that burn.

"You don't understand the situation I was in. You do know I was punished by them for not killing you? I knew the consequences and I didn't do it, I couldn't."

"So you do remember me? That's surprising considering how many hundreds of people you killed." her voice was cruel.

"Oh my god just get over it! I'll explain it later but this is not getting us anywhere." I said, "For now all we need to do is wait to see where they're taking us."

She rolled her eyes at me and scoffed before we turned our backs to each other and waited.